Chapter 37:

***Draco's POV***

It felt like I had ice in my bones. I looked around the familiar rooms and shiver runs up my spine. I wish I didn't have to be here. I wish there was so other way I could do this, but I know there isn't and even if there is I don't have time to think about it. I took a deep breath. I needed to make this look convincing, if he saw that I was lying I was done for. There was no room for mistakes. I just hoped I wasn't not too late.

I paced the hallway outside the dining hall. I had to wait for someone to come and get me before I was allowed in. My palms were sweating and I had to constantly wipe them on my pants. I wouldn't be this nervous if this wasn't crucial. I've lied before, hell, lying has become second nature with me. But when it has to do with something as important as this...well I get nervous.

Finally someone comes out and ushers me inside the dining room. The room was filled with familiar faces which surprised me since I figured that I'd be talking to him alone. With all the people staring at me my anxiety grew and I had to take a few deep breaths to calm my thumping heart. I locked eyes with him and his red eyes stared at me with a mixture of curiosity and smugness. It was like he knew I was going to come back but he was curious as to what I was going to say.

Just looking at him a strong feeling of rage took over me. He was the reason Jen was trapped here. He's the reason that I couldn't be with Jen during our sixth year. He's the reason I thought I had to be cruel to people. He's the reason that Jen's grandfather is dead. I will never forgive him for all the things he's done to ruin mine and Jen's life.

But I couldn't let the rage overcome me. I was here for a reason. I had to get Voldemort to believe that I'm on his side and that Jen means nothing to me. It's the only way I can get Jen out of here. If they think I'm trustworthy then it will be that much easier to get Jen out of here and to someplace safe. So I push all the rage aside and summon up my desperation to get Jen back.

I have to pretend that that desperation is channeled towards wanting to be on his side instead of it really being to get Jen back. I've got to make him believe me. I have to get Jen out of here. There is no telling what they've done to Jen or what they are going to do to Jen. I've got to get her out of here before they kill her. Voldemort only has so much patience and when that patience is gone then you're dead, quite literally.

I summon up all my courage and kneel besides Voldemort's chair. "I come to ask for your forgiveness my lord."

***Jen's POV***

Since I tried to escape they chained me to my bed so it wouldn't happen again. Only my wrists are chained and the chains stretch as long as to be able to get to the toilet, that's about it. It wasn't too bad I guess. I'm just surprised they didn't just kill me already. I obviously wasn't going to succumb to his wants so he might as well just kill me. Frankly, I'm just surprised he didn't kill me the first time I defied him. Is it really that important for him to see Dumbledore's granddaughter join his side? Does he hold so much of a grudge against him?

From what I've heard of Voldemort, anyone who defies him or is useless to him he kills. So why hasn't he killed me? Not that I'm complaining. Yes, living in here sucks ass but I'm not wishing to be dead. I've got a lot to live for still. I want to do all the family stuff, all that normal things. I'm sick of all this shit happening me. I just want to have a normal life (as a witch) with a normal husband and normal kids. For once I just want a boring average life.

I know that's never going to happen, so I just wish for the end of this 'war.' So I can be with Draco without having to worry about sneaking around or trying to hide from Voldemort. And, for Merlin's sake, is it so hard to ask to be able to go and pay my respects to my grandfathers grave? I barely got to say goodbye before I got kidnapped.

They're probably already had his funeral and that makes my heart ache even more. I didn't even get to go to his funeral. I'm his granddaughter for Merlin's sake! I sighed, it was useless getting mad. There was nothing I could do about it. My head snapped up when I heard the door of my cell open. My body tensed when I saw Voldemort walk through the door. I think this is it, he's come to kill me. But he doesn't move to grab me or anything he just gestures behind him.

"You have a guest."

My thoughts instantly flash to Pierce but then I see the familiar head of white blond hair.

"Draco." I breath in disbelief. 

Voldemort walks out of the room but keeps the door open, I'm guessing so he can hear us. I don't care though, I run towards Draco and the chains give me enough range to hug him. I didn't know until I tasted salt that I was crying. I've been waiting for him and now he's finally here.

"I missed you so much." I whispered into his chest.

Draco pulled away from me and placed his hands on my shoulders, keeping me an arms' length away from him. I gave him a confused look and he casts a quick glance behind him. He takes a deep breath and looked me in the eyes.

"Look, Taylor, I can't do this anymore. I've learned that my loyalty towards the Dark Lord is stronger than anything else. Including my feelings towards you." As he talked he kept shaking his head. "And you would be wise to realize that the Dark Lord will take over and it will only benefit you to condemn to his demands and join his side."

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say and Draco gave me a desperate look. Instantly I knew what he wanted me to do without him having to spell it out.

"W-what? How could you say that? After everything we went through?" I cried and hit Draco's chest.

Draco gave me a surprised look then a smile played on his lips. "It's how it has to be. I was a fool to ever go against the Dark Lord and think I could stand a chance."

At Draco's disgusted face I couldn't help but smile and held in a laugh. Then I turned serious and slapped Draco.

"You bastard! I should have never trusted you! You're a deceiving, heartless ferret!" I screamed.

Draco looked at me with a mixture of surprise and disbelief. 'I love you' I mouthed and winked. 'I love you too' Draco mouthed back with a smile.

"I don't want to see ever again! Get out of my sight!" I yelled at him.

"Don't worry, you'll see sense eventually." Draco said and he walked over to my bed and slipped something under my pillow.

"Not likely, asshole!" I yelled after him as he walked out of my cell.

Once the door shut I let a few tears fall. Some of happiness and others of sadness. I was happy because Draco was finally here but sad because he had to pretend he was under Voldemort's control again. It was Hogwarts all over again. I sighed then ran over to my bed. I lifted up my pillow and saw Draco had left me a letter. I opened it and it read:

Jen,

I am so very sorry for everything. If it wasn't for me then you wouldn't have been a target for Voldemort. I'm sorry for all the shit I had put you through. I'm sorry for not finding you sooner. Just know I have a plan and you should be out of here within a few days. I will get you to safety and make sure you stay there. I'm sorry for putting you in danger in the first place. If I could rewind time and save you the many heartbreaks I would.

But you don't have to worry anymore, once I get you out of here you'll be safe. And I mean safe safe. As in you won't have to worry about Voldemort and all his goons anymore. Just trust me on my plan and don't question it, that's all I ask. You won't like it so that's why I'm not going to tell you the plan in this letter but it's the only way I can get you to safety. I love you so much and don't worry, when this is all over we can finally be together without any worries. I'll see you in a few days, princess.

~Draco

P.S. Once you read this ripe it up and flush it down the toilet, no one can know that I'm not really on Voldemort's side-it'll make this whole plan pointless.