Chapter 66:

***Jen's POV***

Reyna called Blaise and he dragged Pierce out. Part of me was relieved that he was going to finally suffer his sentence in Azkaban but another part of me really had wanted to kill him. I've never wanted to kill someone so much in my entire life.

But now that he was gone, all the anger inside of me deflated, turning me back into an emotionless shell. I had turned fully human again, but Reyna still had me tied to a chair, just in case she had said. I didn't care though. I didn't care about anything anymore. I was honestly surprised that I was able to muster that much emotion with Pierce. It was as if his face had reminded me of everything I had gone through for virtually nothing. And I couldn't bare it.

"This is only temporary, you know." Reyna whispered, giving me a sympathetic smile. "Your grief will go away eventually. It always does."

"Temporary." I spat. "Everyone keeps saying that, but this isn't temporary. Draco's death isn't temporary. He's not coming back. And so long as he's gone, so am I. I will never recover from this. I can't."

"Jen—"

"Don't. I just need to be alone, right now. Please."

Reyna looked like she was about to say something but changed her mind when she saw the probably vacant look in my eyes. So, she untied me and left me alone with my suffocating thoughts. I sat down on the bed and brought my knees up to my chest. I buried my face in my knees and just held myself, unable to contain the despair inside of me but also unable to express it. All I felt was a gut-wrenching pain deep in my soul that no amount of bandages or gauze could ever fix. I had never felt this kind of pain before and all I wanted to do make it stop. To make everything stop.

"I need you, Draco." I whimpered. "And I'm sorry, that our story had to end like this."

(A/N: TRIGGER WARNING)

I pulled out my wand and placed the tip on my wrist. I tightly closed my eyes and cut a deep gash in my wrist before doing the same to the other wrist. I dropped my wand on the ground and watched as my blood poured out my wrists, staining our crisp white carpet. I closed my eyes again and waited.

Waited for death to take me.

***

The first thing I saw was Draco's face looming over me. Though what I couldn't understand was why he looked so panicked.

"Jen?! Jen! Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

I smiled, sleepily. "I m'kay, now that I'm with you."

"What happened? Did you do this to yourself?"

"I did it to be with you again. And it worked." I tried to sit up but as soon as I did the room started to spin. "Whoa."

Draco lightly pushed me back down onto the bed. "Don't sit up, you've lost a lot of blood."

"I did, which's why I'm here with you. But I thought my pain would be gone here. Why does everything still hurt?" My words were starting to slur together and it was getting harder to focus on Draco's face.

"You're not dead and you won't die so long as I'm around."

"But if I'm not dead, that means...you aren't really here. I'm hallucinating, aren't I?"

I couldn't stay awake long enough to hear his answer.

****

I woke up with a pounding headache. Everything around me was white, from the floor to the sheets covering me. I look down to see that my wrists had been bandaged up and my wand was nowhere in sight. I turned my head to see someone curled up in the chair next to my bed. All the color drained from my face when I saw his tousled, white blond hair, because I knew that I was losing it. But he looked so real, like I could just reach out and touch him...