Chapter 27:

Ever since I had stood up to Harry, Draco barely talked to me. I don't know what his deal is. He's so hot 'n cold. I feel like he has multiple personalities and I don't know which one is genuine.

For months he had been ignoring me until one day I start hanging out with Harry then all of a sudden he decides to talk to me. And then I stand up for Harry and all of a sudden he stops talking to me, like I've betrayed him or something. It pisses me off. But it pisses me off more that I care.

It was now Spring Break. We got a week off for it but it would be a lot funner if the teachers didn't give us a shit load of work to help prepare for exams in June. Besides that things have been normal expect the fact that I'm seeing someone.

I decided that I needed a distraction from the constant thinking of Draco so Cece and Reyna set me up on a blind date. The date went well and we've been seeing each other for a few weeks now and it's been great. His name is Olly Stevens, he's a Ravenclaw, he's super nice and funny and he's a total gentleman. There was nothing wrong with him except for one small thing.

He wasn't Draco.

I hated this. Olly is a great guy and he's never spoke one ill word of me even when all those rumors about me were going around. I've tried to make it work but every time we kiss I think of Draco. Plus I don't feel a spark when we're together. I don't if he does or not but I know I can't lead him on. He's done nothing to deserve it. That morning, I sat down next to my friends for breakfast. I was taking a drink of my orange juice when someone covered my eyes with their hands.

"Guess who?" A husky voice spoke in my ear.

A smile made its way on my lips and I pretended to be confused.

"Hmm...is it Mason?" I asked.

"Nope, try a again."

"Harry? No, no Ron, right?"

The hands came away from eyes and I heard a chuckle. "I thought you were the smarter out of the two of us."

I turned to see Olly sit down next to me. I smiled and pecked his lips.

"You were going to be my next guess." I teased.

Olly smiled. "Uh huh. I'm sure I was."

Olly intertwined our fingers before asking, "are you doing anything tonight?"

"Not that I know of, why?"

"Meet me by the bridge tonight at seven."

"Okay." I smiled.

Olly kissed me before standing up.

"Great. I'll see you tonight." Olly said before walking over to his friends.

***Draco's POV***

These few weeks have been hell. Not only does Jen hate me but she's also dating someone. I shouldn't be surprised or angry but I'm both. I know we broke up a few months ago but it still hurt that she started seeing someone else. Maybe she didn't care for me like I cared for her. I can't say that I blame her. All I've done is confuse her and I bet she doesn't even know what side of me is genuine.

I wish I could show her. I would drink a truth potion to show her how much I care about her. I just have to wait though. After this mission is over I can finally show her all of me without having to worry. I wished that day would come sooner. I'm angry at the world that it won't let me be with Jen. I'm angry at Jen's boyfriend that he gets what I'll probably never have. I guess it makes sense though, the bad guy never gets what he wants.

That night I was walking towards the Black Lake when I saw Jen's boyfriend. Ozzy or something. He was standing on the bridge that looked out to the Black Lake. I had to cross that bridge to get to the Black Lake. There was another way but this way was faster. I thought about going the long way but thinking about him and Jen together I got angry. I stalked up to him and he looked up at me then frowned. I stopped in front of him and he rose his eyebrow.

"Can I help you?" Ozzy or whatever the hell his name is asked.

"Yeah. Leave Jen alone." I growled.

"Excuse me?"

"You deaf? Stay the hell away from Jen." I hissed.

I got up in his face, my eyes were level with his eyebrows.

"Why should I listen to you? You were the one that was stupid enough to break up with her." He said, crossing his arms.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." I hissed, getting pissed off that he thinks he knows anything that's going on with my life.

"I doesn't take a genus to figure out that you're just a stupid, horny bastard."

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pointed my wand at his neck. "What to repeat that, asshole?"

He pushed me away. "You're a stupid, horny bastard who realized that you made a big mistake by breaking up with Jen so you're trying to get her back. But know that she'd never be stupid enough to get involved with you again. You'll just end up a loner who will live with their mother for the rest of their life."

I punched him in the face.