Chapter 2 The seventeenth

Heyy, so sorry that i havent updated for a while (schools kept me busy!) but theres two more chapters on the way - enjoy! <3

Harry

Harry, Ron and Hermione had been sorting out Grimmauld Place for months now. After the Death Eaters had raided the house looking for Harry, the house had been left in a bad way, Hermione often said that it looked like a bomb had dropped in the house - much to Ron's amusement.

It was the day of Ginny's seventeenth and the Weasleys all agreed Ron, Hermione and Harry should be living in Grimmuald Place, also Ginny when she turned seventeen.

That morning Harry walked into the kitchen at seven o'clock to make Ginny breakfast and he found Mrs Weasley, crying,  looking at photos of a small red headed girl who Harry assumed was Ginny.

"Mrs Weasley?"

She jumped and hastily put the photo on the table under a pile of old parchment.

"Are you OK?" Harry asked her.

"Oh, yes, dear." Mrs Weasley replied "why are you up so early? I usually don't see you until nine at the earliest" she said this with a brave attempt at bravado.

"I'm - er - making Ginny some breakfast..." Harry trailed of awkwardly and Mrs Weasley gave him a knowing look. "Anyway" he said "better start making that breakfast." Harry set to work; toasting toast, boiling eggs, cooking sausages, pouring pumpkin juice and putting flowers in a vase.

Harry turned around and noticed Mrs Weasley was crying again.

"Mrs Weasley, What's -"

Mrs Weasley cut him off. "It's - it's just... Ginny's always been my baby now she's seventeen and moving out tomorrow... I know I'm being silly, I'll just miss her."

"We'll visit every day and write and you can visit us. But let's make Ginny's seventeenth the best, yeah?"

Mrs Weasley nodded and Harry put everything on a tray to take up to Ginny.

***

Ginny was still fast asleep when Harry pushed her bedroom door open. He crossed the room to where she was curled up in her bed like a cat. Harry kissed her cheek softly and she opened her eyes.

"Happy seventeenth" Harry said placing the tray on her lap when she sat up.

"Harry, thankyou" Ginny whispered "you didn't have to do this" tears brimmed her eyes.

"Yeah I did" Harry grinned "and look at you, getting all emotional. You really love breakfast!"

"It's not just the breakfast I love" Ginny said and she gave Harry a kiss.

Ginny

After Ginny finished her breakfast, she washed and dressed then headed downstairs to see her family.

"Happy birthday!" They all cried as she entered the living room. She got hugs off everyone, even George who never really hugged that much.

Ginny unwrapped presents: She got a new watch off her mum and dad, a box full of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes from George, a pair of crystal earrings off Bill and Fleur ("Goblin made crystals" Bill told her "Zee finest zair eez" Fleur added.") She also got a big book about quidditch off Hermione, a picture of the Weasley clan when they went to Egypt in a beautiful frame off Ron and, her favourite; a gorgeous silver locket hanging on a delicate chain with a little pale pink opal embezzled in it off Harry ("you can put a picture of whatever you want inside" Harry told her "but consider one of me" he winked at her.)

Ginny felt like she was going to burst into tears "thankyou, everyone" she choked "I love you all" her voice broke.

Harry put his arm around her "we love you too, Gin."

There was a mumbled chorus of "yeah"'s.

Ginny struggled to put the locket on as it kept getting tangled in her hair.

"Let me help you with that" Harry said and he took the locket off her and fastened it around her neck. It hung around her neck perfectly.

"It's perfect" Ginny said feeling a bit overwhelmed.

***

Ginny packed the last of her belongings into a box and sat down on her bed. She looked around the room, so many memories; like the time when she wouldn't leave the room much when Harry stayed over in her first year at Hogwarts. Or the time when she and Hermione got annoyed with Ron and Ginny accidentally set the bedside table on fire. The time when she kissed Harry... She lost her train of thought for a moment and Arnold, her pygmy puff, did nothing to retreive it. She was going to miss this room so much, it had been hers since she was a baby.

Ginny left the room and acended the stairs to the next floor where George's room was. She peered round the door, the room was vacant. Fred's bed was still there, Geroge refused to let them remove the bed. Ginny walked across the room and crawled between the sheets, breathing in the scent, she could still smell Fred's aftershave and she let the tears fall, hard and fast. Fat salty drops that splased onto the pillow.

"Ginny?"

It was George. Ginny pulled the covers over her head, praying George would think she was a pillow.

"Ginny, I know that's you under there" George's voice was right above her, she felt the bed go down for a moment as George sat on it. He pulled the covers off her and held his arms open. Without even hesitating, Ginny fell into them and let her tears fall, head on George's chest.

"Deep in the meadow," George sang. "Under the willow, a bed of grass, a soft green pillow."

When she was little and had nightmares, Fred and George used to sing this to her. Or 'Don't worry' by a muggle singer named Bob Marley.

"Lay down your head and close your eyes and when they open, the sun will rise. Here it's safe, here it's warm and here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true. Here, is the place where I love you."

George didn't finish the song, Ginny could feel him shaking with tears. She just hugged him tighter and didn't let go for a very long time.

"I love you, George" Ginny whispered.

"Love you too, Gin."

Harry

Harry apparated to the backyard of The Burrow, he had just finished restoring Sirius's room. His eyes were red from crying a little bit, but he didn't care.

Harry slipped silently into the house, it was eleven o'clock. Everyone had gone to bed, the house was silent.

Harry crept silently up the stairs, he peered round the door of Ginny's room and Ginny was lying awake crying silently.

"Gin?" Harry whispered "what's wrong?"

Ginny looked up "it's nothing, really." Harry opened the door, walked over and sat on her bed.

"Tell Harry" Harry opened his arms and Ginny threw herself into them.

"It's Fred." Ginny sobbed "I mean, leaving this house... It's like leaving Fred behind, like I'm detatching myself from him."

"But you're not" Harry murmured "he's still with you no matter where you go." 

Harry and Ginny stayed like that for a while, just holding eachother. Then they lay down and just looked at eachother, it killed Harry to see Ginny like this, the pain in her eyes was unendurable, Harry hated to see her like that. Ginny didn't speak or cry or even close her eyes. But eventually Ginny's eyes closed and Harry saw her tense face relax and she drifted off to sleep. At long last, Harry fell asleep aswell.