Chapter 18 Trauma and Terrors

Ginny

"No, Hermione, you are with Ron," Ginny insisted as she and Hermione sat on the sofa.

"But, we always used to fight, always," Hermione said with a confused expression.

"Yes, but that was all pent up attraction," Ginny explained with a small smile.

"And you're sure of this?"

"Yes!" Ginny laughed.

Hermione's brow furrowed as she pondered this, at least Hermione's memory would return in a week or so - according to the healer at St Mungo's.

Harry and Ron were sitting on the other sofa, Harry snorted, "it was more than attraction!"

Ron shot him a look, said "oi!", then grinned a little bit.

Hermione looked confused, "what does he mean?" She asked.

Harry burst out laughing and nodded at Ginny.

"No, you've got this!" Ginny cried.

Harry didn't skip a beat, "well, you see, Hermione, when a man and a woman have very strong feelings for each other-" but Ron coughed very loudly, interrupting him.

"I still don't get it," Hermione said, looking around at them all.

"I - never mind, forget it," said Harry.

That was the wrong thing to say, "of course!" Hermione cried, tears sparkling in her pretty brown eyes, "just like I forgot nearly everything else!"

"N-no!" Harry stammered, "I didn't mean to say that! It just slipped out!" But Hermione was crying with her head in her hands.

"Hermione," Harry said softly, "c'mon, don't cry, please, I didn't mean it like that."

"No, I know," Hermione sobbed, flapping her hands about wildly, trying to calm herself. "I'm just s-s-so confused! I don't know what's going on! First you tell me Draco saved us and he isn't any idiot anymore! Then you tell me Ron's my boyfriend!"

 "But it's all true," Ginny assured her, patting her shoulder in what she hoped was a comforting manner.

"But, I can't remember any of this!" Exclaimed Hermione.

"You will," said Harry, Ron said nothing and looked very pale.

"What is I don't?" Wailed Hermione.

"The healer said you would," sighed Ginny.

"Yeah," Harry agreed, "why don't you just relax for a while? Read a book."

"No," Hermione said, "I don't feel like reading."

Ginny was shocked, Hermione not wanting to read? That was like Hagrid not loving dangerous monsters.

"O-OK," stammered Harry, looking scared, "what do you want to do?"

"Nothing," Hermione replied, "until I remember who I am there's no point in doing anything."

"But, if you do stuff you like, you might remember things," Ginny insisted.

Ron still did not say anything.

Harry

"OK, Ron, what's wrong?"

Ron turned around to face Harry, "nothing's wrong, I'm fine," Harry knew he was lying from the faltering smile on his face.

Harry held back a snort, "yeah, right," he said, "you've barely spoken all day and you barely ate anything during dinner."

"I'm under the weather," said Ron, shrugging as if it didn't matter.

"Stop lying," Harry ordered, Ron stared at him defiantly.

"I-I'm not," Ron stuttered, but quailed under the look Harry gave him, "fine, I'm worried Hermione might never regain her memory and never love me again."

Harry heard his tone soften as he spoke, "Ron, that could never happen. Hermione loves you, she just doesn't know it, even if there were the tiniest chance her memory doesn't return she would grow to love you - like she did before."

Ron smiled a bit at this attempt of humour, "you're right," he said, "I shouldn't be worrying so much."

"No, you shouldn't," Harry replied, "you should be thankful she doesn't remember the fight you two had." This last bit was a joke, both boys laughed and lapsed into silence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the room Hermione Granger leaned against the door, she had just overheard a conversation she wasn't supposed to hear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny

Hermione writhed and wriggled in her sleep, her face was screwed up in what Ginny could only presume was terror.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" Hermione screamed, she sat up at top speed, breathing like she had just run a marathon.

"Hermione, it's OK," Ginny whispered when she saw the tearful expression on Hermione's face, "you're safe, it was just a dream, you're safe."

"Oh, Ginny it was awful," Hermione whimpered, "it was terrifying."

"Yes, but you're safe now," Ginny said quietly.

"I dreamt I was horcrux hunting in a tent with Harry and Ron, then we were captured and I was tortured by a woman named Bellatrix."

Ginny couldn't believe her ears, "Hermione, that really happened!"

"It did?" Hermione asked in a surprised tone.

"Yeah!"

Hermione's face broke into a ginormous smile and her eyes widened until they resembled galleons.

"This is so great!" Ginny cried, "this is truly amazing!"

The two girls lay down and talked until they both fell into a stupor once more.

So what did you think? I know it's kind of short but my time is limited at the minute, I promise I'll update more over the weekend.

<3