Chapter 25 Wedding Bells

Ginny

As the weeks faded quickly into months, Hermione and Ron's wedding drew nearer - as did the birth of Ginny and Harry's child.

Ginny sat at the table, pouring over the wedding plans, she had promised Hermione help and help Hermione would get. Ginny sipped her tea as she scanned the list, ticking off all the duties she had fulfilled:

Location; tick

Entertainment; tick

Bridal shower; tick

Dress shopping; ti-

Damn.

She hadn't got the dresses yet and the wedding was in a week, oh Merlin, oh no. What was she going to do? She had a week to get all the dresses.

Just then, Harry entered the kitchen pulling Ginny from her panicked thoughts.

"Morning, Gin," Harry kissed her on the cheek, "morning baby bump," he addressed her stomach.

"Morning, Harry," Ginny replied, she found it adorable that Harry talked to the baby.

"Are you OK?" Harry asked her, "you seem sort of ... nervous..."

Ginny started, "yes, I'm fine!" She said, a bit too brightly, "I sometimes get nervous, just because..." Ginny trailed off, trying to think of a good answer.

Suddenly Harry's face darkened, he looked scary. "Is it because of that douche Lucius?" Harry growled, then his tone became different, "do you need therapy again, love?"

"N-no," Ginny hastened to amend herself, "I just sometimes get jittery because of the whole wedding planner thing and harbouring a baby that could be born any day now."

"Oh, right," Harry smiled, "well just relax, love." He kissed Ginny once more, then went to make himself a coffee.

Wow. Thought Ginny. And they say the mothers are the ones who get mood swings.

"Ginny!" A voice called from the top of the stairs, "Ginny, where are you?" The sound of feet thundering down the stairs came next. Then Hermione appeared in the basement kitchen.

"Ginny," Hermione breathed in obvious relief. "Ginny, I've just remembered that I haven't booked a hairdresser."

"It's OK," Ginny replied, consulting her list and hoping- yes! There it was, "Fleur's doing your hair," Ginny told Hermione.

"Oh," Hermione's whole body relaxed, "Ginny, you're a star, thank you so much." 

"Not a bother," Ginny replied idly, raising her cup of tea slightly in a half toast and giving Hermione a wry smile. Hermione sighed and dropped into the seat next to Ginny, "oh, I'm sorry!" She wailed, I've worked you too hard! It's just, I can't do this on my own, I really can't!"

Ginny exhaled deeply, "it's OK, Hermione, I'll get Luna to help me."

"Oh, really?" Hermione gasped, "oh, thank you so much."

Ginny shrugged modestly and sipped her tea, Hermione went over to the boiling kettle and made herself some tea - or started to at least...

As soon as Hermione pulled a mug out of the cupboard, Kreacher came wheezing his way over to her and rasped, "no, no, Kreacher's miss does not make the tea. Kreacher will make tea and anything else miss desires."

"Oh," Hermione looked put out. Ginny knew she had been hoping to make tea by herself and not have Kreacher do it. Hermione re joined Ginny at the table.