Chapter 11 Honeymoon or horrific nightmare?

Ginny

Harry's arms were wrapped around Ginny as they lay on the sofa in a house Hermione had rented for them in France. The sun was just setting, casting a scarlet glow across the pale blue sky.

Ginny sighed contently and let Harry fiddle with her hair, Ginny just lay with her head in his lap. She paused, lying very still for a moment.

"Are you OK?" Harry asked her, his fingers going limp and dropping her hair.

"Yeah" she replied softly "I just wish I could stay here like this."

"OK" Harry resumed the fiddling with Ginny's hair.

Harry

Harry and Ginny Potter were taking a stroll on a lovely little french beach. Harry had never been to a beach before, the Dursleys had never taken him. He loved the way the sand felt inbetween is toes, feet bare, bottoms rolled up on his jeans; Harry was content and at peace.

"This is nice" Ginny said.

"Yeah, I've never been to a beach before" Harry agreed.

"Never?" Ginny repeated.

"Nope."

"You've never been to a beach before?" Ginny asked, her tone incredolous.

"Dursleys never took me" Harry looked out at the sparkling blue ocean wondering whether the Dursleys would like him now, Dudley had seemed nice enough before he left.

"You OK?" Asked Ginny, squeezing his hand gently.

"Yeah, I was thinking - I need to meet up with them again, the Dursleys, put the past behind us. They're back at Privite Drive. I could go and talk to them, you could come with me."

"Why?" Asked Ginny, with a hint of agitation. Harry knew she was angry at their treatment of him.

"Well, sometimes you have to bury the hatchet. They're family after all, we never know if we'll survive tomorrow."

"Wow, you sound like you're some kind of spiritual consultant" Ginny laughed slightly.

"Nearly dying does that to you" Harry muttered, but a smile curved his lips.

"You're right" Ginny said, taking Harry aback "we should go, when we go home we'll go to theirs and talk to them."

"Really?"

"Yeah" Ginny smiled "I can see it means alot to you, so we'll go."

"You're the best" Harry murmured.

"I know" Ginny answered cheekily "you're quite good yourself."

"Good."

Ginny

Ginny followed Harry up the small path of the Dursley's house. Harry knocked on the door.

Ginny felt apprehensive, what if the door was slammed in their faces?

The door was swung open, there stood a boy who looked the same age as herself or Harry, just alot larger.

"Hey Dudley" Harry said.

"Harry?" Dudley exclaimed. "We thought you'd died!"

"Well, I'm quite sure I'm alive" Harry joked. Dudley held out a big hand and Harry shook it, Dudley's eyes fell on Ginny.

"Harry," he said, his eyes buldging slightly. "Aren't you going to introduce your friend?"

"Oh, Dudley, this is my wife Ginny."