Chapter 10 The Wedding

Harry

Ginny had been seeing a healer at St Mungos every other day for the past week with no improvements. She would still wake up screaming every night.

Harry was beggining to get seriously worried. What if she never got better? What if she stayed like this forever? Harry couldn't stand to see her in pain like this.

"Rise and shine!" Hermione's voice was coming from somewhere overhead.

Harry rose from his slumber, "what time is it?" He grumbled "why'd you wake me up?"

"It's your wedding today" Hermione said reproachfully. "Now get up!" She hit him with a pillow.

Harry opened his eyes and sat up, he noticed Ginny's side of the bed was vacant, the sheets still warm and freshly crumpled bearing her flowery scent he loved so.

"Merlin!" He yelped "what time is it?"

"Ten O'clock in the morning" Hermione replied primly. Her tone suddenly became buisness like as she did her talking schedule impression. "We've got to get you up and fed, wear some of your muggle clothes because we're going to get your hair done to see if this-" she ruffled Harry's unruly hair "-mess, for lack of better word, sorted out. Then we've got to set everything up - you'll play no part in this, of course - and get you into your suit. Then we let the ceremony begin!"

Harry grinned, Hermione taking charge. The prospect was so endearingly familiar, making him remember her being in charge of setting up the D.A in their fifth year.

"What are you waiting for?" She hurled another pillow at him "get up!"

"OK, OK!" Harry rolled out of bed with his hands in the air. "Don't shoot" he said in mock terror.

Ginny

"It's perfect" Ginny gushed to Luna.

Luna was holding a cream dress with a fitted bodice and delicate shoulder straps. She handed it to Ginny who let the silky material run past her fingers like a waterfall.

"I'm glad you like it" Luna said "Daddy said it was too plain and that it should be in sun colours but I told him it was just right." She took the dress back and hung it up. "We need to get your hair done, Hermione gave me a schedule and says I have to follow it if we're to get everything done on time."

Ginny and Luna dissapparated to Bill and Fleur's. Fleur had graciously agreed to style Ginny's hair for the wedding as she had done such a great job at her own wedding.

"Ginny!" Squealed Fluer, flinging open the door. She planted a kiss on both Ginny and Luna's cheeks. "Luna!"

"Hello" Luna said placidly, "I love it here, so peaceful." She looked up at the dream catcher hanging off the ceiling as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. "Ah, yes. Good for catching nargles."

Fleur threw Ginny a questioning look which Ginny replied to with a shrug.

"Come in!" Fleur exclaimed, waving them on. "We 'ave much to do for ze wedding!"

Ginny hadn't really liked Fleur when Bill had first met her, but then Fleur had looked after Luna and Dean for a while last year and was very nice to them.

Fleur sat Ginny down at the table and began brushing her hair. Bill came through the kitchen door holding some old decorations Ginny recognised from his wedding with Fleur. "Congratulations Ginny" he said cheerfuly "I'm glad you picked Harry, we all like him." He winked and began attempting charms to clean the decorations.

Fleur began pinning bits of Ginny's hair up, she swept the rest of it over to one side of Ginny's neck.

"Hm" Fleur spoke more to herself than Ginny. "No zat's not right." She took all the pins out and started again. She pinned two bits back. "No zat looks too normal." She took the pins out once again and restarted.

In the end Fleur decided on most of Ginny's hair tied back in an elegant knot with a few tendrils curling in ringlets here and there.

"You look tres beau!" Fleur said warmly. She kissed Ginny's cheeks once again "we will see you at ze wedding!" She smiled "'ave a good day, don't mess your hair up! Au revoir Ginny, au revoir Luna."

Harry

"Doesn't it ever lie flat?" Asked Mrs Weasley as she attempted to flatten Harry's hair in the kitchen of Number twelve Grimmauld Place.

"No" Harry told her "you're fighting a losing battle."

Mrs Weasley sighed, momentarily stymied, then she said "we'll just try a few houshold charms."

Once they had found a charm that made Harry's hair lie flat Mrs Weasley said "you need a shave, boy." There was no scolding in her tone though so Harry smiled and told her he would shave.

"You never shave properly though!" Hermione exclaimed impatiently, "I'll help you."

"Ow!" Yelped Harry "Hermione be careful!"

"Sorry" Hermione apologised "I've never shaved someone before! Can't I just use a spell?"

"No" Harry told her "I don't want something to go wrong and end up with half my face missing or something."

Hermione looked affronted "Harry, please don't insult my spell casting skills. If you sit still nothing will go wrong."

In the end, after much pleading from Harry and alot of insulted expressions from Hermione, Harry gave in and agreed to let Hermione use a shaving spell on him.

Harry examined his face in the mirror.

"Yes, yes" Hermione waved an impatient hand "you are beautiful" her tone was light and jokey. "Now we really have to go!"

Ginny

This was it. This was really it. Ginny was going to get married!

She stood in her beautiful dress, Mr Weasley took Ginny by the arm as the music struck up. They walked out into the sun filled garden, so many familiar faces sitting in the crowd; George and Angelina, Neville's grandmother, Xenophilius Lovegood all dressed in yellow.

Luna and Hermione walking behind her wearing matching silver bridesmaid dresses. Luna escorted by Neville and Hermione escorted by Ron (Harry's best man).

They reached the podium where Harry looked striking in his suit, Ginny gave him a radiant smile.

Harry

Ginny approached the podium looking not beautiful, not even gorgeous, but as radiant as the sun, her eyes sparkling like stars. She seemed to be emmiting some kind of glow, dimming everyone in comparison. In Harry's opinion, she was much more beautiful than any veela.

"Take eachother's hands" the tiny wizard who had hosted Fred's funeral commanded squeakily. Harry and Ginny entwined their fingers.

"Do you, Harry James Potter, promise to love and protect this woman as long as you both may live?"

"I do" Harry said.

"And do you, Ginerva Molly Weasley, promise to love and protect this man as long as you both may live?"

"I do" Ginny whispered, tears shining in her beautiful eyes.

"Then I declare you" the whispy little wizard waved his wand "bonded for life."

Thin golden streams of light shot from the wizard's wand, wrapping themselves round Harry and Ginny's entwined hands before glowing brightly then dissappearing.

"You may now kiss my sister" George called from the audience , creatin a ripple of laughter passing through the crowd.

Harry grinned, he pulled Ginny in and kissed her.