Chapter 3 Number 12 Grimmauld Place

Ginny

"Hey, Ginny, come here a second."

Ginny looked up the stairs, it was George, he motioned for her to follow him. She followed him into his room.

"I'm going to miss having you around here" George said to her. He pulled something out of the drawer under his bed. "Here" he held a blue jumper out to Ginny who was utterly perplexed. "It was Fred's" George said "I want you to keep it so you take a bit of Fred with you."

"George," Ginny whispered, her voice unusually high pitched. "Thankyou, you have no idea how - how much this means to me." She hugged him and he hugged her back.

***

Ginny was taking boxes into the house wearing the jumper George gave her. It almost fell to her knees.

"Wow" said Harry joining her in the sitting room. "This is it, it's really real."

"Yeah" Ginny breathed "it really is."

Harry wrapped is arms around Ginny's waist from behind and kissed her cheek, Ginny felt comforted, she put her hand on top of his.

"It'll be weird not seeing them every day" Ginny admitted "I wish Fred was still here, though, I've been getting closer to George and now I've left..." Ginny trailed off feeling stupid.

"Yeah, I know, Gin - you're the one who can get him to speak to you, no one else can. But he'll cope, he's a strong person, is that brother of yours."

"But, Harry, what if he becomes suicidal? Fred and George were to halves of a whole, like thos friendship necklaces where they fit together, y'know?"

"And you were?" Harry prompted gently.

"I-I-" Ginny couldn't find the words.

"Were the third peice of the whole" Harry finished gently.

Harry

Harry rolled over the next day to see Ginny sleeping soundly next to him, then he looked at his watch; half past five in the morning, Diagon Alley would just be opening... Suddenly he had an idea...

Harry apparated into Diagon Alley and headed into the nearest jewellery shop. It was a pretty little shop he thought as he wandered casually to the counter.

The assistant, a bored looking man who constantly reminded the shopkeepers not to touch anything unless they were buying it, gave Harry a faked smile."

"Hello, Sir," the assistant said in a dull toneless voice. "How can I help?"

"I'm looking for a ring" Harry said.

"Oh yes? And how would you like to pay for it sir?"

"Take the money from the vault of Harry Potter, tell the goblins it's a special request, but if they don't beleive you-" he pulled an envelope from his pocket "-give them this."

"O-of coure Mr Potter!" The shop assistant said breathlessly "feel free to take as long as you like!"

Well, how about that? Mr Dull had an excited side! Harry thought, grinning to himself.

By half past six, Harry had found the perfect ring, it had a pink opal in it just like the locket he gave Ginny. He thanked the shop assistant who then bowed to him as he left and then dissapparated back to Grimmauld Place. Ready to take the big step.