Part five

A/N
Oh my god! The response I'm getting for this fan-fiction is overwhelming. All your texts, your comments and your votes mean a lot to me. Keep that support with me, I swear I won't disappoint you.
God bless you all.

Love and hugs
Sasha
---------------

I was shocked listening to this. What is all this happening? Manik was looking down at me, his face inches away from me. I glared at him.
Manik's eyes were anxious. He was again and again demanding an answer.
Manik said,"come on Nandini. Say something......Please Nandini. You're killing me." His voice broke in the middle.
I don't know why he was being emotional. I expected his wrath, but this was something different. There was something in his voice and in his eyes. I don't want to believe this but there was certain longing in his voice, in his eyes and in his demeanour.
Manik's eyes showed that he was in pain.
Nandini you can't fall for him again. He did all this even years back and look what all it has done to you. I took a deep breathe and made a straight face, to show him that I don't care about him.
I noticed that Manik was going to touch my right cheek, before he could do that I said angrily,"don't you dare!"
His hand stopped midway. I pushed him away with all my force and walked angrily to Cabir's room. I was furious. How the fuck did Manik know about me and Cabir? Did he know it all this while? I trust Cabir and I'm sure he wouldn't have told Manik.
I knocked at The door of Cabir's room. I heard him say,"come in."
I stomped in and sat angrily on the couch.
Cabir was looking at me, amazed at my antics. Cabir said," woah. Someone looks really really angry? What happened Nandu?"
I looked at him furiously. Cabir got worried, he sat beside me and rested his hand on my shoulder. He asked tensely," what happened Nandini? Are you fine?"
I shouted," how did that jerk get to know about us? Manik knows everything about us."
Tension was visible on Cabir's face. He stammered,"h...how did Manik come to know about us?"
I was about to say something but the door opened and there stood Manik. I looked in the opposite direction. I didn't even feel like looking in his direction. He doesn't even deserve that. I heard him say,"what else did you expect Cabir? You're my best friend. I've known you since childhood. I spend practically 18 hours a day with you. Do you really think you'll chat with her, call her or video call her and I wouldn't know? Your best friend wouldn't know?"
How could I not know this. We should have thought about this. He knew about this yet he didn't care to even know where I was? What did you expect that he cares? All that was a drama in that room. And I again thought that he cared about me.
I got up and left the room. I've to stay away from this guy. I went to my room. I took out my iPod. I was listening to the songs. I was just sitting there when Nancy and Rishabh too joined me after a while. We were just sitting there and chatting when an announcement asking all the participants to report at the auditorium was made. I hugged both of them and went to the auditorium. Swati made me sit in the front row. When the auditorium got filled up and all the participants settled down, Cabir and Manik entered the stage. Everyone started hooting and clapping for them. Both of them smiled and asked everyone to calm down.
Manik started saying,"hey people! This audition has been closed to my heart."
He looked at me and I looked everywhere but at him. He continued saying,"you all were amazing. Now we'll be announcing the names, in no particular order of course. First participant to qualify is Nandini murthy."
I got up and went up on the stage. I didn't shake my hands with them and just thanked them. No where in hell was I letting Manik touch me again and it would look odd shaking hands with Cabir only, in front for everyone. Then they announced five other names. What out of so many people they just chose six people. That's it? They must have really worked a lot to select just a few. All the other non selected people left. After a while, Cabir said,"so you all are the selected few. Congratulations you all. You've three days. Get your bags packed and get ready to go to Mumbai to face your other competitors."
Well yeah these auditions were made into a reality show. Fab5 did everything in style. So were these auditions. When all the other participants left the auditorium and I looked at Cabir and ran towards him to hug him. He hugged me back. Manik said,"Nandini rest of the gang are looking forward to meet you."
I broke the hug and looked at Cabir questioningly. Cabir looked at me and said," they all know about it. They knew it all along."
Then why didn't any of them asked him about me? It was as if Manik heard my unspoken question and said," we all respected your space Nandini and we waited Cabir to tell us himself."
I gave a him 'whatever' expression and left from there. I texted Cabir
*Will you be going home with us or will you came back on your own?*
My phone beeped right then and Cabir replied
*I'll be there in five. Wait up for me.*
I went and saw Rishabh Nancy standing outside the auditorium. I hugged them and we all went to the parking and waited for Cabir.
Cabir came after a few minutes. We drove back home. We dropped Nancy and went to our home. I went and made us Noodles. We had our dinner quietly as both me and Cabir were tired. After the dinner we went upstairs to our rooms.
Next morning as usual I got up early to do my daily Riyas. It was sunday so it was an off for me and rishabh. I thought of making pancakes and French toast for everyone. I went to get ready. It was a warm day in London today, so I wore a ganji and shorts. I went to kitchen and started preparing the breakfast. I was beating the batter just then I heard the doorbell ring. I went to answer and was shocked to see Manik standing there. He was holding a bouquet of white roses and a box of chocolates.
Manik smiled and said,"good morning Nandini. I'm here to meet Cabir."
Meet Cabir? At my place? He can never change. He won't let go off any opportunity to irritate me but I can't let him from meeting Cabir. Cabir was my guest so I just let him enter. He entered and saw here and there. Manik said,"nice place nandini. How? I mean I don't want to offend you but aren't you from a middle class family but having such a huge and luxurious home that too in London how?"
I didn't answer him. Well yes when I turned eighteen, all my parent's property was transferred to me. My dad was a scientist and he used to travel a lot all around the world. He has stayed here in London for eight years and bought this place when he was here. My parents were well off. Yeah the place was quite huge and luxurious. But why would I tell this to Him.
When I didn't answer Manik said forwarding the bouquet and chocolates towards me,"okay don't tell but here have these."
I didn't take it, then he said,"Nandini I didn't bring these for anything else but for the matter that I'm visiting your place for the first time and one should always take gifts with them when they visit someone's house for the first time."
Ohhh! I took the gift and took him to the hall. I gestures him with my hands to have a seat. I went to Cabir's room. He was just coming out of his room. Cabir looked at me smilingly and said,"good morning sweetheart. Wassup?"
I said,"good morning idiot. Anyway Manik is here to see you."
I tried to sound cool but I guess I failed. I saw him getting tensed. He said," Nandin I'm sorry I didn't ask him to come here. He must have asked Swati where you live. I'm so so sorry. I'll take him somewhere out."
I said,"no Cabir that's not needed. This is your home too. I'm making breakfast for you all,including Manik. You can sit with him. I'll get you guys coffee."
Cabir nodded and went to the hall.
I went in the kitchen and got the coffee from the coffee machine. I went and gave it to them. The doorbell rang again. It must be Nancy. I went and opened the door. Nancy wished me morning and went to the hall.
Ohh shit! How will she react after seeing Manik there? Nancy was really protective when it came to me. I followed her.
She went and saw Manik sitting there. She turned around. She asked in a really hight pitch," what the fuck is this jerk doing here?" Anyone can see how irritated and angry she was. I looked at her and then looked at Cabir's guilt stricken face. Poor cabir.
I said,"Nancy be polite. He is Cabir's guest and Cabir is a family to us. So he is our guest too. Apologise right now."
She looked at me in disbelief. Manik sat there confused. She muttered,"sorry."
The Manik said,"its alright darling but you've got me at disadvantage"
Cabir said,"she is Nancy, rishabh's girlfriend and Nancy he is Manik."
Manik grinned and said,"rishabh! Where is champ? He must have grown up."
To which Nancy sarcastically muttered under her breath,"oh he has unlike someone else."
I laughed. Cabir asked,"what did you say Nancy? Even I want to laugh." Clearly they both haven't listened.
Nancy replied,"nothing important Cabir. I'll go help Nandini."
We both went to the kitchen. Before she could say anything, I said,"Nancy you shouldn't be so rude with him for Cabir's sake."
I heard Rishabh saying,"shouldn't be rude to whom?"
I replied hesitantly,"woh. Manik is here..to meet Cabir."
Rishabh's face lightened up a bit. He said," wait champ is here. I'll go meet him."
Nancy rolled her eyes and Before she could say anything he dashed off.
Unlike me and Nancy, Rishabh has never hated him. He has always believed that there must be some reason behind his behavior. Sadly he'll be left with nothing but a broken belief.
I said,"let him be."
Then I remembered I had to pay Nancy for the dress. I said giving her two mugs of coffee," here you go have it and give one to rish. I'm going to my room to get something."
She nodded. I went to my room and was searching for my wallet. I was so tired last night I don't even remember where I've kept my wallet. I was searching for it when someone knocked on my door. I shouted,"come in."
Like a fool without asking who the person was I allowed him to come in and then regretted it when I saw Manik entering in.
There was coffee on his white shirt and a little on his face. He said,"I'm sorry. I was told this is rishabh's room. I must have entered the wrong room. Nancy well accidentally elbowed me and coffee spilled on me."
Accidentally! I'm pretty sure she did intentionally. I suppressed my laughter and nodded with a straight face. I gesture him to sit. He sat down on the bed. I went to the washroom and got a towel.
The fool that I am, instead of giving him the towel I started cleaning his face.
He smiled and said,"Nandini why did you go away? You didn't even bother meeting me and didn't even tell me even once."
You're the reason why I went away and why on earth was he acting so caring. I didn't say any of this. I just kept on cleaning his face.
Manik was staring me and I was avoiding eye contact, because if I did, I won't be able to ignore him.
He said,"Nandini please say something. You've not spoken to me even once. Your silence is killing me. Please I'm dying to listen to my name from you."
I accidentally looked into his eyes, his eyes were kind of begging me to do what he asked.
I couldn't resist myself and again without thinking anything I said," Manik you even deserve worse but I can't be mean and arrogant like you. You're not that deserving that I'll talk to you."
with this I pulled back my hand.

---------

Guys do vote and comment if you're liking my story.
With this update I wish all you KYYians first anniversary of KYY.
Much love to you all.