Part Eighteen

Hey guys!
First of all I'll like to thank iluvmanik_xoxo for my new cover of the book. I love you to the moon and back baby doll. Take my pucchies😘😘

Now coming to the main issue here, I know there are many of you who have liked this story, may be even loved it, and I know many of you don't want it to end but everything has to come to an end one day. It's time for this ff to end too, there are a few parts left though. Enjoy these updates and keep reading!
And, most of all thank you guys for reading this ff and standing by me even when I disappointed you all. Thanks to all you readers for accepting this ff.
Drop in your comments.
Do vote, please please.

Love
Sasha
----------------
I was absent minded and was shuffling through my iPod in the plane. To be frank my whole attention was on the guy sitting by my side stupidly surfing for a movie in his iPad. I swear things don't change. He is still the same. His girlfriend, official girlfriend to be exact, is sitting with him and he is busy in his iPad. I cleared my throat but no response. Oh god! Men will be men. When they don't have a girl with them, they'll run after them and when they have them they won't give them time.

I again cleared my throat. This time he looked at me and passed me a bottle of water. Seriously, like seriously men are the dumbest species in the world. I looked at him and frowned. I called for the air attendant. She came up and asked,"yes mam! How can I help you?"

"Do you have any other seat here on the plane?", I asked her back.

She was shocked at my reply because she saw me and Manik walking in hand-in-hand. That's when Manik's eyes shot up. He exclaimed,"what? Why? Why do you need a new seat? Why do you want to sit with a stranger?"

I looked at him irritatedly and said,"because strangers would be a better COMPANY than you."

I heard Mukti and Navya and the attendant giggling. Manik looked embarrassed. After a second or two, Manik gathered himself and smiled at the attendant. He apologised,"we are sorry to disturb you. We don't need a new seat."

The moment she walked away, I took my headphones and started listening to songs on my iPod, acting all grumpy. Manik was calling out my name repeatedly, shaking my hand but I kept on ignoring him. Manik took away my headphones.

Manik said,"Nandini you're one confusing woman. Ab de raha hun na attention toh ab tum ko bat nahi karni (I'm giving attention to you but you are not talking to me now). Its just too difficult to understand a woman."

"What's my mistake. Manik, I just wanted to spend time with you but no,  those movies are more important to you. Watch those movies.", I retorted. Manik looked at me frustratedly. Just then they called for landing and seat belt lights were on. The moment we got down the plane I ran up to Cabir and held his hand. I looked back at Manik and said,"now I have a better company." I showed him my tongue.

Manik was shaking his head in disbelief. I shrugged and then looked forward. We collected our luggage and left airport, obviously ditching all the questions asked by paparazzi. Me and Manik walked together and left for his place. I still remember his place, and then I remembered Nyonika. I shuddered at her thought. She was never fond of me, at least that's what I thought and she was never even motherly towards Manik. I always knew they didn't have a normal mother-son relationship. I remember once Manik telling me that it was all give and take relationship between them. I was lost in thought when Manik shook my shoulders.

"we are at our home.", Manik said.

How much I have waited to listen to these words. My heart was pounding like anything simply because finally my life has come to a point when there's some stability and most of all my love is with me, standing with me to fight against all the odds. My eyes brimmed with tears.

I got out of the car, ready to step in. Manik was by my side in a second. He held my hand and started moving forward. This was not the same house Manik used to live in five years back.

Manik murmured,"I don't live with her now. Please don't ask me questions about it."

I knew Manik will speak about it someday for now I didn't want to spoil OUR time. I still wasn't talking to him. It was taking all my strength to go and hug him hard. I was striving to have his arms around me, to smell his neck, which frankly was my favourite fragrance in the world. We entered home, I was taken aback by his new place. It was all sea-facing. I was in love with the view from the balcony. I stood near the edge of the beautiful balcony. Then I looked around, his place was done beautifully but it needed a personal touch to it. I know he must have hired the best interior designer but a personally done home has no match.

It was as if he was reading my mind, he said,"baby, it is your place now. Do whatever you feel like doing."

I smiled at him but then quickly made a straight face before he could see that I was no more angry with him.

Manik again looked at me. He said,"come on Nandini! Aren't you done with your anger?"

I shook my head in a no. Manik looked at me and smiled. May be I should talk to him, I was actually acting as a kid.

He snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. He said,"you know Nandini you can act like a kid whenever you want to. Nandini I've missed a lot in last five years which includes you getting angry and me pampering you. I want to lay everything in your feet. Nandini I will do anything in this world but I won't let you go now. You're the world to me."

I was taken back by his words, I just fused my lips with him. I could feel his surprise but he gave in. I opened my mouth, giving him access. His tongue was exploring every corner of my mouth, while my tongue was fighting for dominance. I felt Manik's hand on my back his hands were making my flesh burn wherever he touched. He suddenly lifted me a little up while kissing me. My hands were around his neck, I was sandwiched between the wall and Manik. He lifted me up a little more, we broke the kiss and his lips were now on my neck. Slightly moving southward with every kiss. I could feel him lifting up the hem of my top and removing it from my body.

Manik murmured,"beautiful."

His eyes were fixed at me. He was just staring at me. I was blushing under his gaze. I just turned around, which frankly was a wrong move. I felt his torso along my back. His body was kissing my body. My insides were burning with desire, a feeling I'm completely alien to.

He murmured huskily, his lips brushing my ears,"Nandini, do you have any idea how beautiful you are? Your skin is glowing. Please, don't shy away."

He took a step back and then I again turned back. Manik with without wasting a second put my top back on me. I was surprised by his act.

He said,"Nandini I know it will take time for you. I just flowed away in the heat of the moment. I should've thought about it. We've got so much time now with each other."

I smiled at him. I really am lucky. I wanted to dance with joy.
Manik then showed me his house. Then finally he came to a room, and opened it.

"And this is our room.", Manik said while opening the room. He opened the room and what came next shocked me.

The room was slightly done the way my room was when I used to live with chacha chachi. There was a huge pic of us from Musicana night on one wall. Manik wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Then I saw something glowing on the table. It was a jar of fireflies. My eyes lit up seeing that.

Manik said,"I read about them that they glow when there is true love. Now I know why you were so happy that night. Nandini you knew it all along that it was love, yet you didn't tell me and didn't stop me from making the mistake."

" Manik you're right. I should have stopped you but I was heartbroken at that moment. I stopped believing in love. I'm so sorry manik.", I said while tears were in my eyes. 

Manik said while pulling me into an embrace,"I know. I get it. I'm sorry I brought up this topic again. I promise that now there's no looking back."

He pulled back and planted a kiss on my temples.

---------------