Part sixteen

First of all I'm really sorry. I know all of you have waited for so long for this update but I've been keeping really busy. I didn't even get time to sleep last week. I hope you all understand. I really really apologise for this irregularity in updates. Here you all go with the next update

Next morning we both got up with a jerk because Manik fell off from the couch and I was lying on him. We both were clueless for a while but when realisation hit us we burst out laughing.
Manik looks so mesmerising when he laughs with all his heart. I stopped laughing and pecked on his lips. Manik was taken back by my behaviour. At first he kept looking into my eyes and then said huskily,"you shouldn't have done this."
I murmured against his lips,"will you ever stop me from doing this?"
Manik smirked and said,"no. Never. But do you have any idea what you're asking for and what will be the consequences?"
I challenged him,"show me!"
Manik's eye was wide. He didn't expect this. Suddenly I felt a hand on my lower back. The hand was exploring my back and making its way up to my neck. Manik switched the position. Now he was lying on me, without putting a lot of weight. Okay I accept lying down on the floor is difficult but right now I didn't give a damn about it. His proximity was making me crazy. Next minute his lips were on my lips, doing their magical work. My hands were resting on his shoulder-blades. His lips and tongue were doing their work, I felt every bit of me going weak in front of this sensation. I dig my nails in his shoulders as his another hand was on my navel, his hand was lifting the hem of the t-shirt that's when Manik's phone started ringing. He broke the kiss but didn't leave me, he was kissing every inch of my neck while his phone was still ringing.
I said lovingly,"Manik your phone is ringing."
He murmured against my skin,"I don't care."
I didn't want to let go off him but I didn't want to keep him away from his work too.
"It could be important", I said.
"I don't care. Nothing is more important than you."
"Manik, we can do this later too."
Manik finally pulled back and lifted his face. He looked at me irritatedly and said,"you and this bloody phone have to ruin my perfect moment. Always."
He got off me, went to the bed and answered the call. I went to bedside table to collect my phone too and went inside the washroom to change the clothes while Manik was talking on the phone. I changed my clothes and came out of the washroom.
I saw him still talking on the phone. I thought that it will take time so I went up to him. I pecked his cheeks and turned around, but Manik being Manik didn't let me go. He pulled me on him while he was still talking on the phone. He switched the positions, he was lying on me. He said on the phone,"yeah I'll arrange a meeting soon. Bye."
With this he shut the phone and tossed the phone on the bed.
He said huskily,"don't go! Please! You know na we can spend the whole day here!"
I blushed at this. I said,"Manik we are not here on some vacation. We're here for work and we're not alone. What will others think? Nobody knows about us."
I tried to make him understand. Manik being his mercurial self got angry. He said,"are you concerned about me or others?"
I didn't have any answer. I was in a tizzy. If I answered it was him, he wouldn't let me go and if I answered it was others he would get angry. I accepted my defeat. He smirked at my expressions. He looked in my eyes. He leaned in more. His lips were now brushing against mine. I can feel blood rushing through my veins and my heart was about to explode. He murmured against my lips,"Nandini say something na."
I knew he was teasing me. I was just so lost in his touch. I didn't say but I could feel my hands going up in his hair and that was it. Next moment his lips were on me. Showering all his love he had for me. His lips doing the magic of his own and his hands making every bit of me feel alive with his tender touches all over my waist. He broke the kiss and started kissing my neck. There was a different feeling in me, a feeling which I've not experienced before actually no I always feel the same when he is always around me. His hand reached the zip of my dress and that's when realisation hit me that we're yet not ready for this. We've just walked some distance we had miles to go. I stopped him from opening the zip. He looked into my eyes and said,"I'm sorry."
I smiled at him and pecked his cheeks. He got off me and was lying beside me. I got up and said,"Manik if you've forgotten we're here for work. I'll go and meet after some time."
Manik nodded and hugged me. He said,"okay! Go and meet me soon."
I smiled. I nodded my head.
I went in my room and saw it was empty. Soha must have gone to have breakfast. I took a quick shower and changed. I moved towards the resort's restaurant area. I saw soha and the three guys sitting there. They didn't see me entering. All of them were talking about last night.
Saahil said,"it was one hell of a night. My legs still hurt from all the dancing."
Soha said,"I know. It was awesome. By the way I think who really got lucky last night was Nandini. She didn't come back last night."
I could feel my face getting red. I should have thought about it. What must they be thinking about this?
Anirudh cleared his throat and said,"about that. Ummm I don't know whether you'll believe this or not but I saw her leaving with Manik."
Rest of them shouted,"what?"
Soha said,"oh my god! I had my doubts yesterday too. Manik sir was looking at her like a kid looks at candies."
Sam said,"I can't believe this."

Fuck! What have we done? Damn. What should I do now? I was frozen at my place. My voice was stuck in my throat.
Saahil said,"what do you all think is it genuine love or just another fling? I mean you know na how celebrities are, always looking for casual flings."
Anirudh said,"forget about Manik. I thought Nandini was an innocent girl but now I think she is so clever. I think she is doing all this to win this chance of getting famous. How can anyone stoop so low to become famous?"

Fuck! How can anyone say all this about anyone? Do they know us? Do they know what all we've went through?
I was just thinking all this when I heard a loud thud. I looked up and saw Nancy has just slapped anirudh.
She wasn't alone mukti was with her too.
Nancy shouted at him,"who the Fuck do you think of yourself? How much do you know about Nandini or Manik for that matter? You people just want a matter to say shit on. Disgusting."
Mukti came forward and said,"even if the two of them are together and for whatever reason they are together, who are you to question them? You are talking about a girl's character, and you're taking about her stooping low. Get lost before I throw you out. We don't want to associate with people like you."

I was just too numb to react. People were questioning my character while I thought everything around me was pure bliss. I felt a hand around my shoulder. I looked beside me and saw Nancy standing there. I hugged her and that was the breaking point for me. I was crying my heart out. Mukti too came up to me and hugged me. She said,"Nandini calm down. We are with you. Don't worry!"
They took me to Mukti's room. I said,"don't tell any of this to Manik before that guy leaves otherwise god knows what he'll do to anirudh."
Nancy and mukti smiled.
Mukti said,"don't worry Nandini we've solved this. You don't have to take any tension now. He'll leave."
Was it really over or the problems have just started?

-------------
A lot has happened but will MaNan make it through? Will they be together and fight against all the odds? Will the love survive?
Keep reading to know what's going to happen next.
Hit the star and vote if you've liked my story. Do vote and comment

Much love
Sasha