Final Part

This is the end...
Hold your breathe....
And count to ten!

Nandini
Manik's surprise and his efforts filled my hear with tears. I never expected a tough guy like him can think so much lovely and delicate as this.
His thoughts behind this deed took whatever little doubts I had about us, far far away. There was no end for us now, at least I'll make sure.

I am ready to fight everyone and everything for the man sitting in front of me who now was sweating profusely.

What's up with him?

Manik looked really pale as if he was fighting a cyclone of ideas in his mind. I loved his gesture of getting me here and letting things go the right way but I've been observing him for past half an hour. He is lost in his thoughts and looks as if he has just eaten a raw egg.

I placed my hands on his and asked him lovingly,"Manik is everything alright? What's going on in your head baby?
Manik looked at me, there was sweat all over his forehead.
He said,"wo.. Wo Nandini... Actually I was thinking.. Wo actually.."

I cupped his face and said,"yes Manik. Go on."

"Would you like to marry me Nandini?", he asked in a rushed voice.
My hands dropped back to my side.

"No", I replied.

I don't know why I said no. I love this guy more than anyone else on this planet yet I replied no. I looked down at the ground. Why did I say a no? Wait! What does Manik has to think about all this?

Manik was looking at me. Pain can be seen on his face. I closed my eyes and thought for a while.

There wasn't even an iota of doubt on my love for him and his love for me.

I slowly opened my eyes and stammered,"I... I am sorry Manik. Its just that you took me by surprise. I don't doubt us, but this was all of a sudden. I don't know how to explain it to you! I..."

"You need time to think about this, right? I can understand. My deeds has been such that you need time to think. I can understand. I totally can. Its just that I just got you back and I want to try every possible way to keep you with me.", he said with all the pain in his voice.

"Nooooooo. Manik. Noooooo. You're thinking it all wrong. I don't doubt you. I can close my eyes and say it that you're still with me. Its just that marriage brings a lot of responsibilities and I don't want to get into all that right now. I've just got you back Manik. And I want to compensate for all the time we've lost."

Manik closed his eyes. When he opened his eyes, there was pain in his. Noooo. God knows what he is thinking.

"Or is it that you still don't trust me?", he said painfully.

"Hell no. Manik you're taking it all wrong!"

I reached out for his hand which was now clutching the tablecloth. Immediately he pulled back his hands as if my touch disgusted him.

One step ahead, two steps back!

He got up with a jerk, taking the table cloth with him. All the glasses and crockery fell down!

"Nandini do you have any idea how much effort I've taken to make you trust me! I DID EVERY FUCKING THING POSSIBLE. EVERY DAMN FUCKING THING. But I guess its never enough for you! I laid my world in your feet and you just squashed it, mercilessly! Nandini it hurts! It hurts right here!"
He said the last bit pointing his index finger to his heart.

Tears were flowing down my cheeks. How can he think all this? But I had to do the damage control.

"Manik nooooo. Babe you have to listen to me! Please listen to me at least once.", I pleaded him.

"Listen to what? Listen to what?", he shouted maniacally.

"Ma...Manik.. I..I..I wanted .. All I wanted to say is that we love each other. Immensely. But do we trust each other? If we would have then would you have just jumped to this conclusion? Marriage needs blind trust, which we still need to build on."

"Not we Nandini. You. You need to build on that trust.  I trust you completely. Its you who don't trust me and my love!", he spat.

"Manik. So you trust me? If you really trust me then you wouldn't have been shouting the place down!", I shouted at him, losing all my cool.

He closed his eyes again and run his hand in his hair.

"You know what? This was a mistake. All this was a fucking mistake!", he said.

With this he just stormed out of that place and probably FROM MY LIFE TOO!

Holy shit!

Did this just happen?

Tears were constantly flowing from my eyes.

Was I wrong?

Didn't this fight just prove that I was right! We still didn't trust each other.

Well I do but if he did trust me he wouldn't have disrespected my decision and walked out from my life.

Walked out of my life.

Once again.

Damn again.

All I wanted was him to fight for me! Fight for US. Fight for our trust.

But I guess it was too much to ask for.

Now he is gone.
Again.

Oh god it pains too much. It feels he has just took my heart, tossed it to the ground and squashed it with his foot, just like a smoker squashes a cigarette filter when they have had their share of puff.

I was back to square one.
I was back to where I was five years ago.
I was the same heart-broken girl.
A broken soul.

Was it really love?
Hell yeah, if my heart is bleeding right now. Then yes, it was love!

----------
Okay so after writing and rewriting this update for Effin 13 times, I'm here with the last part. I'll be posting an epilogue too. Is it all lost yet? May be or may be not.
Love doesn't always result in successful relationships. At times love is all about tears and broken bonds.
Manan didn't fall out of love they just broke the bubble and breathed in the reality!
You all really have to read the epilogue to know what life has in store for Nandini, when she finally decides to settle down.