Chapter 1- Busy Day And Caught

-Their House In Picture-

Wednesdays are my busiest day of the week. I bring the kids to a program called School And Play. They go there for 4 hours and it gets them ready for the school environment they'll soon be going in too. I then pick them up, bring Brad his lunch, take the girls to ballet, cook supper and then have the Council meeting at the town hall. I'm not perfect so sometimes it doesn't all get done on time but most days I'm punctual. I have twin girls. Jill and Kacey. They're 4. My husband and I have been married since I was 18 so for 3 years now. We had the girls one year before our marriage and no we didn't get married just because of them like my parents believed. We love each other. Some people say we're too young but I'm 21 and he's 25. I personally think we're both mature enough to handle our own lives. When I got pregnant we moved in to an apartment together. It was a 2 bedroom place and it was definitely not the ideal place. I never felt safe there one night we slept there. But we started there. It was our first official place together. Now he has a job as a police officer and I work as an intern at a magazine company. We also upgraded from the apartment. We now live in a 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house surrounded by trees and nice neighbors although we don't talk to them very much.

The sound of my alarm going off pulls me out of my sleep. I roll over and look on the nightstand. The clock says 7 and I roll my eyes at the sight. One thing I hate doing is getting up early.

"You know the Anderson's got a dog?" Brad says, coming out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist. 
"That's why the girls have been asking to go over there all weekend." I chuckle, turning the alarm off.
"Guess I'll have to bring them over one day after work." 
"Yes please. Maybe then I'll get some cleaning done." I say, sitting up. I get myself out of bed and put my silk robe on. I go down to the kitchen and make some coffee for Brad and me. I recently invested in a Keurig and it's the best thing I've bought in a while. The girls won't be up for another hour so I have some time to myself before my day begins to get hectic. I sit down and begin to drink my coffee on the couch, turning the tv on to see what the weather is gonna be today. The weather channel is hardly ever turned off around here. Brad eventually comes downstairs, all ready for work. He always gets ready before coming downstairs. He says it stops him from being too lazy in the mornings. In some ways we're total opposites, that being one.

"You'll be home in time for my meeting right?" I ask, looking at the tv in front of me.

"Sure will." He says, opening the fridge door. I get up off the couch and sit at the kitchen island, watching him as he takes out a small fruit salad for his breakfast. Heaven forbid he eats at home. 

"You remember what time it is right?" I ask, just making sure he will actually remember to be home on time. 
"Yes dear." He chuckles, rolling his eyes and walking over to me. 

"Have a good day." I smile, kissing him quickly on the lips.

"Love you." He yells, walking out the door.

When he's gone I finish my coffee and go up to our room to get a shower. It's so relaxing in here. It's like I'm the only one in the house; in the world. But eventually I have to get out.

 Leggings and a hoodie are the perfect things for today. I put my hair back in a quick bun and then go wake the girls. They share a room since they're still small and don't really need their own spaces yet. It's much more convenient when it comes to getting them ready and putting them to bed. We also needed a spare because our parents come into town quite a lot. We're a very close family and it certainly comes in handy.

"Good morning." I smile, opening the blinds in their bedroom. I watch as they roll around in their beds, rubbing their eyes and making their hair an even bigger mess. 
"It's ballet today." Jill says, sitting up in her bed.