Chapter 60- Friday

"Everything is fine. Her scans all came back great." I say, taking my plate off the table and to the counter. We just finished supper and Chris is doing his daily phone call. He couldn't call yesterday so I've had to wait until today to tell him about the appointment yesterday.

"That's awesome baby. How's everyone else?"

"They're great." I smile.

"I hate to cut the call short but the boss is calling me."
"Oh. Okay." I say, turning on the dish washer.

"I love you and I'll see you tomorrow."
"Love you too."

I hang up the phone and finish cleaning up from supper. Work today was super stressful so I'm probably gonna chill at home for the rest of the night. Macy is coming over and we're watching some movies and she's bringing her daughter for a sleepover. The kids are gonna love it.

* * * *

I make us coffee the next morning before anyone wakes up. Kacey and Jill have school this morning so their gonna be the only ones awake. Macy and her daughter are in the guest room sleeping. I hear their door open and Macy walks out into the kitchen.

"Kids were some quiet last night." She says, stretching and taking a mug from the cupboard.
"I know. Barely knew they were there." I chuckle.

I pack the lunches and watch as they get on the bus before I go upstairs to shower before the rest of the kids wake up. Macy is getting dressed and then we're going out for lunch. I straighten my hair and then get dressed I put on a loose tank top and a pair of leggings with a pair of flip flops. The bigger my stomach gets the less tight clothes I like to wear. I grab my purse and my sunglasses before heading downstairs. Macy has all the kids in the living rom. I grab their outfits from their rooms and we get started on getting them ready to go. I have toast ready to give them in the van when we're on the way to the park. We're gonna have a picnic and spend the day there. Chris doesn't get home until 5 and the girls don't get home until 3 so we literally have all day. We get to the park and I make sure all the kids are full of sun screen before I let them go and play.

* * * *

I'm in the kitchen cooking burgers when the front door opens. Levi runs to the porch and I hear him yell 'dad'. I smile and flip a patty. Chris comes into the kitchen after saying hi to all the kids and he gives me a long, nice kiss. I smile as I pull away from him.

"Burgers. Typical Friday meal." I smile.

"I was thinking we would cancel camping and go visit my mom instead. She's having some people over for her birthday and we were invited." He says, sitting at the table. "Kids included."
"I guess that'll be okay." I smile, turning away from him.

I have nothing against Chris's family but I don't exactly get a warm feeling from them. Even though she does so much for us and the kids. I give everyone their food and they dig in. I sit at the other end of the table next to Levi.

"So who's going to this thing?" I ask, biting into the burger.

"Oh just the close family."

I simply nod and keep eating. What am I getting myself into?