Chapter 8- Twins And A Resturant

Telling everyone that were having twins has not been easy especially when the town is still talking about Kacey being in the hospital. I haven't spoken to Brad since that day. My mom is overjoyed that there's going to be 2 new arrivals to the family. It's been 2 weeks since I told everyone and there's only one week left and then Kacey's done. The doctors told me that I can bring her home today and all I have to do is bring her in overnight the day she has her last round of chemo. I'm in the car on the way home with her now. Josh, Natasha, mom and Jill are all at the house waiting. We picked up a cake that obviously she won't be able to eat but we'll save a piece for her. We pull into the driveway and get out of the car. I turn around and look at her in her car seat.

"You ready?" I ask, a smile on my face.

"I'm nervous."

"How come?"

"What if I forget where my room is?"

"I'm sure you'll remember." I chuckle, getting out of the car.

We go into the house and right away Jill takes her to the toy room to show her the dollhouse my mom brought them. I wouldn't let them build it until Kacey got home. I sit down at the table and take a piece of cake.

"Have you talked to Brad?" Natasha asks me.

"No have any of you?" I ask. They all shake their heads. I guess he's busy with Macy.

"I have to run into town today if you wanted to go." Natasha smiles. "Groceries are needed."

"Sure. If someone don't mind watching the girls."

"We'll do it." Josh smiles, laying a hand on my moms shoulder. My mom tells me that Josh is the neighbor and friends I've always needed. He's close by and super helpful and he's respectful of me. She says he's a 'winner' which I agree.

* * * *

Loading groceries into the car is the easy part. What I hate is unpacking them when I get home. There's just so many. I spot something in the corner of my eye as I'm placing all the bags into the trunk. Macy and Brad. When they spot me, they both come up to me, a smile on Macy's face but a blank look on Brad's.

"You know your daughter came home today. Maybe if you weren't out frolicking with your woman friend you would know that." I say, looking at him.

"I-I didn't.. No one told me." He stutters out.

"I left you like 8 messages telling you to be at the house for 1. If you wanna forget about us fine. Go ahead." 

"You don't need to blow up on him. He's trying his hardest." Macy says, laying a hand on his arm. "I have every right. Last time I remembered he was my husband first." I say, walking away. I hear him yelling my name but I completely ignore it. 

I get home and unpack the groceries. I grab the house phone and dial the number to the lawyer I contacted a last week. She told me when I had my mind made up to call her back. Thankfully she answered. I told her what I wanted. I wanted a smooth divorce but I knew I wasn't going to get one. I wanted the kids most of the time but Brad could still see them maybe on the weekeneds. I also added I wanted my half of everything. Half the money in savings, everything I paid for myself. That shouldn't be too hard to get since we signed an agreement when we were married that if something like this were to happen we wouldn't have to fight over what's mine and his. She was really friendly and said she would contact him to to let him know I have a lawyer and he should get one too.

This evening I have my first meeting back. I'm hoping everything is running smoothly. I pull up to the building and make my way inside. Everyone is sat around the table, Macy in my spot. I stop in the doorway, everyone staring at me.

"Your back!" Someone exclaims, hugging me.

"Guess Macy isn't needed in your spot anymore." Another one says as I walk down towards where she's sat.

"I didn't think you'd be back so soon." She says, moving out of my seat. Ignoring her, I sit in my seat and it feels good to have some control back into my life.

* * * *

After the meeting I take a little walk through town. The street lights are on and barely anyone is around. It's peaceful and nice. I love not living in the city. Living in a place that still has a thing called a town market is just where I've always wanted to be. Of course it took a while to find it. I think back to when me and Brad were looking for a place to live. He wanted to live in the city around all the action since he's a police officer. I wanted something small and full of humbleness. We settled for the place I wanted since Brad couldn't get a job in the city. I never imagined it would be like this. Both awesome and dreadful at the same time. Everything I do I'm reminded that I'm not going home to a husband and 2 kids. I'm going home to my kids alone. I don't think that's something I'll ever fully be able to grasp.

* * * *

I wake up the next morning at 11. Natasha and I are taking the girls to the park this morning for a picnic and to play. I don't think kacey will do much playing but just being there will be enough for her. I roll over and stare at the untouched side of the other bed. Sighing, I place my feet on the floor and go downstairs. It's a mess. I stayed up late last night watching movies on W that I didn't even clean up before going to bed. I clean everything up and head back upstairs to get dressed. When I'm done with myself I wake the girls up and get them dressed. Natasha is bringing the picnic. I'm just supplying the people.

We pull up to the park and the girls get out, running over to Natasha. As I make my way over to them I see Macy and Brad coming towards me. Great. I wait for them to reach me and when they do I wanna hit them. Both of them.

"Nice to see you guys out and about." Brad smiles faintly.

"What do you want?" I ask, glancing over at Natasha who's staring at us.

"Were having supper tonight at the new resturant. Thought you and the girls would like to join us." Macy smiles.

"And why would we like that?"

"Just please, come." She pleads.

"What time?" I ask.

"6."

"I'll think about it." I say, walking away. That was weird. Why would they want us to come to dinner with them?

* * * *

6:10 we get to the resturant. After the park today we went home and relaxed for the day. Josh came over and relaxed with us. All good things must come to an end. I get the girls situated before sitting down myself. I order them chicken strips and fries and get a salad for myself. Everything is silent until Macy speaks.

"So obviously we didn't invite you guys here to just be friendly." She says, a wide smile on her face. "We have something to announce."

"I didn't realize we were telling them." Brad whispers low but not low enough.

"Telling us what?" I ask, sipping my water.

"I'm pregnant!" Macy exclaims.

The girls and I must not have had a very good look on our faces because their happiness shortly diminished.

"Are you joking? Is this a joke?" I ask, trying to wrap my mind around it.

"No. I'm 2 months."

"I can't believe this." I say, standing up. Just as I do the waiter comes. "We'll take ours to go please."

I put the girls coats on, grab the food and leave the resturant without saying anything.