Chapter 21- Houses and Sick Kids

As soon as we get home I have her doctor on the phone asking him if I should drive back and bring her in. He asks me if she's had any symptoms of sickness these past couple days and I said no, because she hasn't. He tells me to cover her in cold towels to bring her fever down and if it isn't gone in 2 hours and she still isn't stopped throwing up to bring her in. Doing a 2 hour drive in the middle of the night is not something I want to do but if it's what's best for my child I'll do it. I wet towels, put a bucket in her room for throw up and move Jill into my room. I place the towels on her and sit next to her. How come she's sick? It came on so suddenly.
When she's asleep I sneak out of the room. I left the baby monitor in her room so I'll be able to hear her if she needs me. I walk downstairs and see everyone sat in the living room. Even Crystal is there. I sit on the couch and rub my face with my hands.

"What'd the doctor say?" Josh asks, sitting next to me. 
"If her fever isn't broke within 2 hours to drive back and bring her in." I tell him.
"Why can't you bring her to the hospital in town?" Crystal asks, looking at me. 

"Because I want the doctor she's always gone too to be the one taking care of her."
"True." Linda says, giving me a sorry look.

"You should try and sleep." Josh says, looking at me.

"The babies will soon be up. I'll just stay up." I say, leaning back on the couch.
"We'll all stay up then." Linda says, leaning back on the couch she's on.

* * * *
Her fever went away last night thank God. She must just be sick with a stomach bug. I slept on the couch last night. I was watching videos on my phone and passed out around 2. I didn't even get up with the babies. Josh and his mom took care of it. I look at the clock and see it's 9:30. I push the blanket off me and get up. I walk up the stairs and go to Kacey's room. I get there just in time because Jill is about to go in. I run up and stop her, pulling her away.

"Sissy's sick." I say, kneeling down in front of her.

"Does she have to go to hospital?" She asks, looking me in the eye.
"No. It's just a small bug. You go downstairs and I'll be there in a minute with your clothes."

I open the door and peak inside. She's still sleeping thankfully. Rough night makes for a long sleep in. I stare at her for a few moments. The panic I had in me last night is the same panic I'll have in me every time she gets sick. One day, it may not be the stomach bug and I don't think I'm prepared for that yet.