Chapter 55- Dinner and A Beach Walk

Leaving my kids for 4 days is something I didn't think I could do. But we just landed in Florida and so far I'm doing good. I called them before we got on and it's late there now so I can't call them again until later. Chris and I just got to the hotel which is beautiful. It overlooks the beach and I have to say, I am in love. The way the waves roll up onto the beach and the breeze blowing in through the balcony doors. Chris lays out suitcases down and sits on the bed. I go to the balcony and turn around to him.

"Nice not having kids running around." I smile.
"You'll miss it by tomorrow." He laughs, standing up. "Come on. Let's go down to the pool."

You see all those posts on facebook about people not wanting mothers to wear bikini's but I don't let that bother me. I wear one anyways. We get down by the pool and I sit in a chair to put on my sunscreen. Chris jumps right in with Todd. His girlfriend Leanne comes and sits down in the chair next to me.

"Beautiful here hey." She smiles. I haven't talked ot her much but she looks so nice.

"It really is." I smile back.
"Great way to get away from the kids."
"Oh you have some?" I ask, leaning back into the chair.

"Yes. Not Todd's son but he treats him no different."

"Same with Chris."
"Goes to show there are good men out there."
"Guess so." I smile.
* * * *

After spending the day at the pool we all get dressed and go to supper at the restaurant down the beach from the hotel. Everything we need is directly on this beach and that's what makes it the best. Not needing to drive anywhere to get anywhere. We walk in and the place is lit up by stringed lights and the ceiling is just wooden pillars that let the night sky in. It's truly wonderful. We take our seats which over look the water and we order some drinks to start.

"So tomorrow I was thinking we could go and check out the water park. I know were old but it still could be fun." Todd says, laying down the menu.
"A water park?" I ask, sipping my water.

"I think it's a great idea." Chris smiles, grabbing my leg under the table.

After we get our food and are about ready for desert, Chris grabs my hand and whispers to me.

"Walk on the beach?"
"Sure." I smile, standing up.
"Will we see you guys back at the hotel?" Todd asks, looking up at us.

"I was thinking the club across the street." Leanne smiles.
"Club it is." Chris says, pulling me out the door.

We go down the stairs and onto the beach. The sand under my feet is awesome. I left my shoes back by the steps. Hopefully their still there when I get back. We walk along the water, the waves hitting our feet every so often. It's so peaceful down here.

"I love you, you know." He says out of the blue.
"I know and I love you too." I chuckle.
"And I'd never hurt you. And I never wanna lose you. I know your past with love has been rocky but I really think we ended up together to be together for good." He stops and stands in front of me. "Your so beautiful and a wonderful mother. You always make me feel wanted and I'll always make you feel wanted." He gets down on the ground, one need up and pulls something out of his pocket. I instantly fill with tears. "Will you marry me?"

I'm speechless. Completely speechless. I've been through so much these past couple years. And now I'm in a good place. A place where I hope to stay. I look at him and then at the ring before pulling him to me and kissing him. A long passionate kiss.

"Of course!" I smile wider than I ever have.

I'm engaged. And this time to a good man.