Chapter 52- Let's Have A Baby

Chris agreed on my idea. He says it's something that Julie would love it. I slip my slippers on my feet and walk downstairs to get the kids their lunches ready. When I walk into the kitchen I see her in there with the lunches already made and she's putting them into the lunch bags.

"You didn't have to do this." I say, walking to the fridge to get milk to put in my coffee.
"Yes I did. I don't get to do this at my own house."
"Did you ever think of adopting kids?" I ask her, grabbing a mug from the cupboard.
"Yeah, but I don't want a child that isn't my own." She smiles at me.
"Surrogacy." I pour the milk in the mug. She stays silent. "Sorry for bringing it up but Chris and I were thinking... I could be a surrogate for you." I see her face light up a little when I say that.

"No no. We can't ask you to do that." She says, looking away from me.
"We're offering." I smile. She doesn't say anything. "Just think on it."  

I walk to the dining room table and sit down. Chris offers to bring the kids to school and I let him. I walk upstairs to get the little kids out of bed so they can eat and then we can go grocery shopping. I need to do badly. I walk into Levi's room. He's still not awake. I lean over to shake him awake. When I feel him, he's hot.

I walk downstairs and go into the kitchen, laying his sippy cup from last night on the counter.

"Well Levi's sick. Shopping's gonna have to wait until tomorrow."
"George and I can stay home with him. You go get groceries. We need them." She smiles at me.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure. We can handle it."

I get the twins dressed and then we leave the house to go to the store. 

* * * *

We finally get home and Levi is asleep on the couch in the living room. The twins go into the playroom to play and I go to the kitchen to put the groceries away. George is sat on the couch next to Levi.

"Where's Julie?" I ask him.
"In the bedroom folding some of our clothes."
"Oh." It goes silent after that.
"I'm on board with your idea to surrogate." He says suddenly.
"But is she?"
"She needs a little extra push but I'll get her there." He smiles faintly.  
"I hope so. I really wanna do this." I smile, leaving the kitchen.

* * * *
Chris and I crawl into bed and I turn my light off. I find it weird when he doesn't because we normally always turn our lights off the same time. I sit up and look over at him.

"Everything okay?" I ask, laying a hand on his arm.

"I wanna have a baby for them I do." He says, avoiding eye contact with me.

"I know that." I say, taking my hand off his arm.

"But... I wanna have a baby... for us."

I'm so taken back by this I don't even know what to say. Of course I've thought of having kids with him but I never knew he thought of it too.

"Really?" I ask, a huge smile on my face.

"Yeah really." He smiles, sitting up and kissing me, his hand resting on my thigh.

"What about your sister?"
"She hasn't even agreed to it yet. I doubt she will."

He kisses me again and tugs at my shirt. He takes it off and as he's about to take off my pants I stop him, pulling away.

"I feel like this is wrong." I say, laying my head on the pillow.

"Why?" He asks, hovering over me.

"To Brad."
"Wanna know what he told me?" I nod and he continues on. "That me and you are even better together than the 2 of you were."

"Really?"
"Yes."

I kiss him again and this time I don't stop him.