Chapter 15- Best Friends and Boyfriends

-2 months later-

The babies have been transferred to the hospital closest to home since the doctor knows that we don't live here. It was tricky arranging it but somehow they did. Everything is finally starting to go back to normal. I traded my car for a van which I never thought I would be driving. Adding 2 more people certainly changes even the littlest things. My mom flew in this morning and Josh is going back to work meaning it's my first full day of doing things on my own. He's going back while the babies are still in the hospital and when they get out he's taking a week off to help them get situated in. Brad visits them once a week in the hospital and sees the girls on his regular schedule. I don't think he's drinking as much anymore since Macy had the baby. She had a girl. I'm not sure what they named her. I haven't even seen her yet. 

The girls have school at 11 and soccer after school. Plus mom has to be picked up. It'll be a pretty busy day. Josh left this morning for work at 6 since he has to drive an hour to get there. The girls aren't awake yet because it's 7:30. I'm only awake because I couldn't sleep. I haven't been sleeping very well since I had the twins. Knowing that their on the Earth but their not home with me is really taking a toll. I won't be able to see them today because of mom coming and the schedule today but tomorrow I'll be going. Mom is taking the girls to school tomorrow so all I have to do is pick them up which is fine with me. It's nice for her to spend time with them since she doesn't see them very often. Mainly holidays and birthdays. 

10:00 the girls wake up and I start breakfast for them. I have Kacey and Jill putting peanut butter on their own toast at the table while I sit and watch. They need to be able to do these things for when the babies come home because I'll have my hands full.

"Mommy, I think I feel sick." Kacey says, looking at me with a face that means she's gonna throw up.

"Run to the bathroom!" I exclaim, getting up.

 When she's finished, I pass her a face cloth and sit her on the couch. Whenever Kacey gets sick I always rush her to the doctor. But rushing has gotten a little harder these days. 10:30 comes and Kacey and Jill get ready to go. Jill is going to school while I'm bringing Kacey to the doctor to see what's up. Hopefully it's just the stomach flu or something.

* * * *

After 10 minutes of waiting her doctor calls her in. I go in with her of course and tell him what happened. He did a view of her and ordered some tests but he says that it should just be the flu. Great the flu is going around our house. When we leave the hospital we take the 5 minute drive to the airport to get my mom. I would've stopped to see the babies but I'm already running behind to get my mother. When the girls were first born she helped out a lot then too which I'll always be grateful for. I mean she is my mom after all. 

"Nannies coming!" Kacey exclaims from her carseat.

Mom sits in the passenger seat after putting in her luggage and we pull away from the airport.

"I have to stop to the store really quick." I say when we get back into town. I pull into the parking lot and park the van. "Be right back." I smile, grabbing my purse and going inside. As I'm, going down the aisle I pass some women who seem to be whispering in my direction so I pass them again.

"I heard they both died in childbirth." One whispers loudly.

"Well I heard her ex-husband has them in hiding away from her." Another says.

I know it's a small town and word travels but I've been the talk of the town for months now. I mean our family is constantly drama. Almost every time I pass someone their talking in my direction, trying to piece together what exactly it is that's going on in my life. It's beginning to drive me crazy but I'm dealing with it.