Chapter 58- Friday and Photographs

-Meghan's Dress In Picture- 

I don't complain about a lot in my life but one thing I do complain about is when the laundry is piled to the top and I have to wash it. I've done 3 loads this morning and it just keeps piling up. Ever since Rachel and Natasha have gotten here it just doesn't end. I walk out of the laundry room to see mom and Rachel sat on the couch, looking at something. When they see me coming they quickly put it away.

"What's ya doing?" I ask, leaning against the wall. They both glance at each other before looking at me.

"We wanna take mom to the beach on Friday." Rachel says, looking at me with a smile.

"And were getting pictures. Tell her about them." Mom says, smiling widely.

"You need to wear white for the pictures. I have something picked out for you so don't even worry." She says, standing up and walking out of the room. I look at mom before turning around and walking out to the front patio where Chris is. He's sat on the step looking at something on his phone.

"Pictures on Friday. You coming?" I ask, sitting next to him.

"I'm actually meeting an old friend. Met him at camp as a kid and he wants to meet for coffee." He says, looking at me.

"Oh. Okay." I say, looking out into the front yard. Who's idea was it to pictures anyways?

* * * *

After supper I spend some time with mom before I don't feel good. I threw up today and yesterday but the bad stomach comes and goes. Probably just getting the flu. I'm sitting on the bed looking at the outfit Rachel picked out for me. It's a bit fancy for the pictures we're getting but it looks really really nice. Chris comes in and goes to the bathroom, not even talking to me. I sit up more and move over so I can look into the bathroom at him. He begins taking off his clothes and then turns the shower on. I get up from the bed and walk to the bathroom, sitting myself on the counter.

"Everything okay?" I ask him, putting a left out tooth brush in the holder. He doesn't say anything so I ask again. This time I get a response.

"We got a new job site." He says from behind the curtain. "It's a big building complex."

"Isn't that a good thing?" I ask, a little confused.

"It's 8 hours away. Which means I'd have to be gone most weekdays." He says, stopping the shower and pulling back the curtain. I hand him a towel and he wraps it around him.

"Oh." Is all I can say. He leans against the wall across from me and looks down at the ground. "We'll make it work." I smile.

"We will?" He questions.

"Of course." I say, standing up and pecking his lips quickly before walking out of the bathroom.

* * * *

I've been skyping the kids 3 times a day since I got here and I miss them so much. I haven't facetimed them today though because they haven't been answering. I can't wait to hold them in my arms and put them each to bed. I have so much on my mind since being here I haven't even had the chance to sit in the shower and relax or to sit out on the patio and clear my head. Living in a house with 4 other people makes it really hard to do that. I put my phone down and go to the living room. Mom is asleep on the couch so I pull a blanket over her and open the window so some fresh air can come in. I look down at her sleeping body and she looks so peaceful. I almost tear up at the fact that in a couple months she'll be gone. The front door slams, knocking me out of my thoughts. I look and see Rachel come stomping into the living room. I grab her by the arm and pull her into the kitchen.

"Sometimes I wonder why I got married at all." She says, slumping down onto the chair at the table.

"Why?" I ask, sitting down across from her.

"Fights. All we do is fight. Yano, I don't even think she's a real lesbian."

"No way!" I exclaim sarcastically.

"You wouldn't understand anyways. I think I married her too fast."

"Why'd you marry her at all?" I ask, genuinley wanting an answer.

"To hurt you." She says, looking down at the floor. "You had the life I wanted. Your who I've always wanted to be."

"Funny. What's the real reason?" I ask, getting up and going to the fridge.

"That is the reason." She says, leaving the room.

Who the heck would want a life like mine?

* * * *

Friday morning and Chris is already gone to meet his friend. I've been in bed for 4 hours now just watching movies and on my phone. It's 1:00 when Rachel comes upstairs and peers in through the door.

"Better start getting ready. Pictures start at 5." She smiles and leaves again.

I get out of bed and go to the bathroom to shower and get ready. I curl my hair and pin it back in a bun sort of thing with some pieces hanging. I do my makeup and then slip into the dress. I look in the mirror and I have to say; I look good! I feel like a brand new person looking like this. I've been wearing sweats and tank tops since I got here and now I look like an actualy girl. I leave the room and go down to the front porch. Natasha and mom are already out there and they look awesome as well.

"Where's Rachel?" I ask, grabbing the car keys from the table by the door.

"She had to go to the beach and meet the photographer." Natasha smiles, helping mom up from the chair.

We get her in the car and we pull out of the driveway. They give me directions on where to go and I follow them. I spot the ocean in the distance and know I'm going the right way. I pull up to a packed parking lot and get mom out.

"A lot of people here." I say, looking around.

"It is a Friday." Natasha chuckles.

We go inside the large building that takes us down to the beach and we wait for Rachel to come. I sit on the bench next to mom and she takes my hand.

"Now. When we go out here... I want you to know that I love you and seeing this day again but with the right person is all I've wanted for a long time."

I look at her with confusion and before I can say anything Rachel comes in with a bouqet in her hands. She hands it to me and leads me to the door.

"Let's go." She smiles widely.

They open the door and I walk down the stairs and onto the sandy beach. The sand under my feet is hot and it feels so nice. Rachel has me closing my eyes so I can only feel where I am, I can't see. We stop suddenly and she let's me open my eyes.