Chapter 46- BPD and Spaghetti

I'm sitting at the table, Alana mom is sitting across from me. I made us both coffee. It's been silent so far but she looks like she has a lot on her mind.

"Alana told Chris that you died." I say, spinning my spoon in my coffee.

"Seems like that's the thing she's telling everyone these days." She says, a frown on her face.

"Something huge must've happened to make her say you died." I say, laying my spoon down on the table.
"We had a huge falling out. She got pregnant with some guy and I tracked him down and brought him to the house, hoping she would accept him."
"And that's why she got mad?" I ask.

"No. She over heard me talking with her father saying how I knew she couldn't raise the baby alone and it would probably be better to have an abortion." She sighs. "Some things were said to each other and she left home, taking nothing with her. I heard she was on her feet for a while until she got mixed in with some bad people."
"Woah." I say, leaning back in my chair. I heard a completely different story.

"I only stopped here to give her these." She says, digging in her purse. She pulls out a pill bottle full of pills. "She left these and I have a feeling she's not doing too well without with them. Please make sure she gets them." She says, standing up. "It was nice meeting you."

She turns around and walks out the door. I grab the bottle and grab my laptop off the counter. I open it and go to google. I type in the name of the pills and what comes up is a shock. BPD. Borderline Personality Disorder.

* * * * 

When I know Chris is on his break I get the babies ready and Levi ready and put them all in the van. I pull up to the site and see everyone stood around, laughing and eating. One of them points to me and Chris comes walking to me. I meet him half way, the pill bottle in my hand.

"Why didn't you tell me she had BPD?" I ask, showing him the bottle. He sighs, placing his hands on his hips. 
"How'd you get those?" Is all he asks.
"Her mom came by, told me she stopped taking them and to give them to her."
"Her mom?" His face is full of shock.
"I didn't come here to get angry, I just want her gone and away from my kids." I say, turning around and walking back to the van.

I put the bottle back in my purse and pull away from the site.

I get home and see Alana sat on the couch. Levi runs to the playroom while I put the babies on the floor to play. I go into the kitchen and see a plate of spaghetti on the counter. Assuming it's for me I grab it.

"No no." She says, looking at me. "That's for Chris when he gets home."

I don't say anything, I just lay the plate back down on the counter. I grab an apple from the fridge and go to the living room, sitting across from her. I catch her staring at me a few times but try to ignore it. Something about this girl just gets to me.

* * * *
Chris gets home at 7 and eats his plate of spaghetti. Alana is asleep on the couch as I put all the kids to bed. Chris is in the kitchen, cleaning up thankfully. I come downstairs, bringing a basket of clothes down with me. I lay it by the laundry room door and go to the kitchen. I sit on a stool and look at Chris.

"And she's still on our couch." I say quietly.

"She has no where else to go." He says, turning around.

"You said she was going to the apartment."

"The guy who said he was moving out today didn't go so there's no where for her to stay there." 
"What about your room?" 
"Someones staying there." He says, laying the drying cloth down on the counter. "Have a little sympathy for her." 

"I feel bad for her I do but she made the choice to not take her pills." I shrug.

"I'll talk to her in the morning about the pills." He says, walking over to me.
"Thank you." I sigh.

He wraps his arms around me, lifting me off the stool. I put my arms around his neck and kiss him hard. He walks us to the stairs and we go up to the bedroom, closing the door behind us.

* * * *
~Alana's POV~
As quiet as they talk they don't talk quiet enough. It should be me going up those stairs with him. If there's two things I've learned from being here it's that this is the life I want, I need and in order to get it Meghan needs to go.