2. The Meeting

Ashton and Karina were beginning to panic at the thought of running late. They had five minutes until the meeting was supposed to begin and they were just running into the building, holding hands and Karina's heels clicking all over the marble floor.

"What do you think they even need us for?" Ashton panted as he pushed the elevator button to send them up. Karina shrugged. "It's fûcking strange...they only called us. Might be another promo meeting."

Their label always did this. Called them in for an important meeting and just persuaded the couple to advertise each other's band even more. Reflect and 5sos were both ready to release an album at around the same time. They both had already released a single, reaching number one in so many countries and bringing in loads of cash. They wouldn't be surprised if this was another promo meeting.

"Kashton!" The lady at the front desk greeted once the elevator doors opened. "You're a minute late, come hurry!" She walked out from behind her desk and led the way to the meeting room. She knocked on the door, opening it widely and clapping her hands together. "Mr.Irwin and Ms.De La Paz have arrived."

The couple walked through the door with happy smiles. They walked around, greeting the few important people there, then taking a seat.

"So, you're probably wondering why you're here." Reflect's main manager, Will, spoke, walking around the room with a pack of papers in his hand.

5sos' manager, Rosa, stood, another pack of papers in her hand. "This isn't going to be easy, just a warning."

"Will, Rosa, what's this about?" Karina asked, looking at her manager and Ashton's manager. Karina didn't think this was going to end well anymore.

"We have here a year contract. A year contract that you must go through with." Guy, yes, that's his actual name, spoke. He was the main man of Capitol Records. He made all the final decisions, and no one ever argued with him. "It'll hurt you, but it won't hurt us. So that's why we must." Guy chuckled, grabbing a rubix cube off the table and trying to solve it.

"And what is this contract? Don't we have to sign to agree?" Ashton asked, grabbing Karina's hand under the table and lacing their fingers together.

Guy put the rubix cube down, completely solved. He did weird things that freaked everyone out all the time. "No. Whenever I involve myself in a contract, I have the right to agree for you."

Karina shook her head. "That's not right. That's not what we signed up for."

Guy shrugged. "It's a win-win. Everyone gets benefited, we all get money, trust me. You'll want to go through with this."

Ashton gave Karina's hand a soft squeeze, nodding his head towards Guy and asking him to continue. Guy looked up at Will, as if signaling him to continue instead. Will frowned at Karina, but spoke anyway. "Ashton, Kari, you have to break up."

Their hearts nearly fell out of their àss at the news. They were so in love, they couldn't last being away from each other for more than three days. And now their label says they have to break up.

"I'm not-" Ashton started, but Guy interrupted.

"You are."

Rosa sighed. "Guy partnered up with a modeling agency. They brought in big bucks and they want us to help them get noticed."

"What the fûck does that have to do with us?" Karina asked, leaning forward in her chair. Karina had a sailors mouth, which was something that Ashton absolutely loved. She always said swearing was a way of expressing emotion, and he loved knowing what his Karina was thinking or feeling.

Will gave Karina a pointed look. He hated her potty mouth and how she always swore while talking business. "Ashton, meet Nina." Will introduced, opening the door to the meeting room and motioning for a fit blonde to come into the room.

Karina felt her blood bubbling with jealousy. "Nina will be Ashton's fake girlfriend for a whole year."

"A year?!" Ashton and Karina screeched. "I don't wanna leave Karina, you guys can't ruin my relationship." Ashton said, his voice growing angrier.

"But you will." Guy interjected, now playing some silly game on his iPhone. Ashton always hated Guy. He was just so unprofessional.

"This will bring money to all three of you and both companies. This will bring publicity to all of us, if we play our cards right." Rosa explained. "The only reason why we have you break up, is so when PDA happens between Ash and Nina, Kari won't get hurt."

Karina scoffed. "You're a fûcking àsshole." She spat at Guy, who just chuckled and spun around in his office chair singing, yup, that's me. "You seriously think I'm not going to be hurt because we're broken up? It's not real! We'll still love each other, we'll still have feelings for each other! I'm obviously still going to be hurt!"

"But no cheating is involved." Will cleared up, taking a seat on the other side of the table.

Karina shook her head in disappointment. "I thought I could count on you Will." She huffed, crossing her arms and glaring at Nina. Will was more like a friend than a manager to the Reflect girls. He was always there when any of the girls needed him. And now to have him make a couple that's deeply in love break up, Karina felt anger towards him.

"It's business baby." Rosa rolled her eyes, shoving Nina onto the empty chair next to Ashton's. "Shall we talk about how this will happen, then?" 5sos never really liked Rosa. She was all about the money, just like Guy. Except she was really serious and annoying about it.

Karina grabbed her purse and stood up. "We can talk about it some other day." And like the total badàss Karina is, she waved her hand in the air in a dismissive manner and stomped out of the meeting room, flipping her hair and strutting away from the bullśhit.

Nina sat next to Ashton, glaring at Karina as she walked out. She already knew they wouldn't get along. She was hoping this would only be some fake relationship and she could get along with Karina behind the scenes, but who was she kidding? Nina was going to be Ashton's publicity girlfriend for a year, meaning Karina couldn't touch him or show affection towards the love of her life in public. Nina knew it would be hard for Karina, but hey, Nina's in it for the money and fame.

"Ashton?" Rosa asked, snapping Ashton back into reality. He was just watching his flawless soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend strut her beautiful self out of the room. He was so completely hypnotized by her, he didn't know if he could go through with this plan. Come on, he couldn't even show the slightest bit of affection towards her. He'd have to show fake affection to Nina instead and that made him uncomfortable. Ashton glared at Rosa. "We'll talk tomorrow." He said, giving no room for an argument and following after Karina.

-

Bam this is so great I've had this idea since January

I THOUGHT TODAY WAS SUNDAY AKAKWMWKMW IM SORRY

~ Mari