4. The Best Friend

Angry Karina De La Paz Stomps Out On Boyfriend Ashton Irwin

Is Kashton Over?

Ashton Irwin Chases After Angry Girlfriend Karina De La Paz

Could This Be Splitzville For Our Favorite Couple Kashton?

Rosa and Guy were already scrolling through their laptops, cackling at all of the articles starting to pop up. Will was just tapping his pen on the table, a scowl on his face. He wasn't exactly happy with this, he was pretty close to all of the Reflect girls after all.

This morning, Karina and Ashton kissed goodbye. When they arrived to the lobby of the hotel, Karina slipped on her sunglasses and put on a scowl. Then they began to fake an argument in front of the lobby windows.

Karina ended up stomping out, Ashton right behind her. He had tried to get into the black car with her but she had shut the door in his face and left him out there. The paparazzi were going absolutely nuts, taking pictures and shouting things. Ashton had to shove a few of them out of his way to get back inside. At that point, he didn't have to pretend to be angry. He was fûcking pissed.

Karina ended up at another hotel. She sat down on her new bedsheets and sighed loudly. It was so lonely.

Karina never slept alone. Ever.

She always had one of the girls with her, or when she was back home she slept with her younger sister, and when her and Ashton visited each other they obviously shared a bed. She had a fear of being lonely.

So she called a friend.

"Mikey?" She said softly, hoping that Ashton wasn't with him. Now that this plan was beginning and they were supposed to be broken up, it felt awkward. She loves Ashton so much, but she just knows this is the end of them.

"Oh, Kari. How are you holding up?" Michael asked, obviously sounding upset as well. If she couldn't hangout with Ashton, she couldn't hangout with any of the boys. The boys really loved Karina as well. To them she was like a sister.

"Um, I don't... I don't know." She admitted, chewing on her nails. Karina chewed on her nails when she was nervous. She never bit them off, she just had to find a way to seem busy. "I don't know what to think Michael. I mean, a year? It's over." She started fanning herself with her hand, not wanting to cry. She couldn't help it though, Ashton was her first love.

"No, no, Karina don't think that way. I mean, you and Ashton have something that no other couple has. You can do it." Michael tried to comfort her. He knew he was lying though, he had a tendency to put himself in other people's shoes and he realized how hard it would be for both of them to make it out of this still being in love.

"I can't touch him, I can't kiss him, I can't even look at him because every time I do I literally go all heart eyes and adoration is all I radiate." Karina frowned and bowed her head. She felt a headache forming and the lump in her throat informed her that she needed another good cry. She let out a small whine, trying to cover up the oncoming sobs.

"Oh God, Karina Candy are you crying?" Michael bellowed, slamming his fist on the kitchen counter. Luke and Calum were at another writing session and Ashton was still in the other hotel room wanting alone time, so Michael could make as much noise as he could.

Karina sniffed. "No, no." Her voice betrayed her, because her no's came out as loud sobs. "Michael Gordon, Karina Dulce promised to be strong. I am not crying!" She tried to remind herself. She was not going to cry. This was going to be just fine.

Michael knew that she promised to not get all sad about this. He knew Karina perfectly, and she wouldn't ruin herself completely over this whole thing. "Karina, what hotel are you in?" He grabbed his hotel key and swung it around his index finger. Karina sniffled and let out another small sob. "Karina, I will not let you cry over this. At least not alone." He said sternly, trying not to slam his head on the wall. Karina never wanted people to comfort her. Well she did, she just thought she wasn't anyone special to deserve someone being so kind to her. She was a giver, not ever wanting to be the receiver. Karina was always selfless, and it wasn't always a good thing.

"The Ramadan." Karina finally answered.

"I'm on my way." Michael stated, putting on his jean jacket and a snapback.

Karina coughed. "No, no, dude you don't have to I'll be fine." She was lying. She really needed company, but she just didn't want to bother him. In fact, she actually really wanted him to spend the night with her. She just couldn't stand being all alone.

"Shut up I'm halfway there." Michael joked, locking up and walking towards the elevator.

Karina sniffled a little, cleaning up her makeup. "Why are you such a good friend?" She then began to feel another wave of sobs coming along. When Karina starts crying about one thing, she'll think of a million other things worth crying for. She knew it was unhealthy but it was hard to stop it.

Michael chuckled. "I just am. I'll be there soon okay? Love you, Kari, bye."

"Yeah, bye." She ended the call and put her phone down next to her on the bed.

She didn't deserve anything.

Karina knew it was just the sadness over her relationship that was making her over think. She deserved Ashton, she deserved Michael and Luciana and everyone and everything in her life. She worked hard to get to where she was and she knew she deserved it. She was just doing some dumb over thinking. It happened too many times to her, she knew she would be okay tomorrow.

Michael figured since Karina was having such a terrible day, he would stop by at the convenience store next to The Ramadan hotel and grab a couple of snacks. He had ran into some fans and a bunch of paps, asking where he was heading, but he just smiled and continued to walk to the hotel. He decided to walk, that's right, Michael Clifford walked. He just wanted to have time to think of how to comfort his dear friend.

After grabbing chips, cookies, ice cream, and six cans of Arizona fruit punch (because he knew it was Karina's favorite), he payed and walked out. He knew it would be dumb of him to walk straight into the hotel, he did read all the articles swarming around today. Everyone found out Karina was at The Ramadan, so a crowd of fans and paps were roaming around outside of it. Michael put his snapback on the correct way, then bowed his head and walked on the street instead of the sidewalk, where everyone was waiting to catch a glimpse of the Karina De La Paz.

Without getting caught, he slipped in through the back door with the help of Karina's bodyguard, who they called Big Rob, and ended up in her room successfully.

"Do I beat Luciana, or what?" Michael boasted, setting all the food he bought on the coffee table. Karina had stopped crying before he got there, but her nose was still red and her eyes were bloodshot. Her makeup was also terrible and she had a pounding headache, but Michael told her she still looked wonderful. It wasn't completely a lie, her little red nose made her seem adorable.

Karina gave him a sad smile, which immediately turned into a frown, which immediately turned into her crying again. Michael frowned as well and opened his arms wide for her. She slowly walked towards him and hugged him tightly. She always thought Michael gave the best hugs. He had a little tummy and his arms were a bit flabby, but that's exactly why she loved hugging him. He was a huge life sized teddy bear.

"You don't beat Lucy, but you're still one of the best humans ever." Karina mumbled.

"I know that Kari." Michael sighed, continuing to comfort her. Michael loved Karina. He always threatened Ashton, playfully of course, that he'd kick his ass if he ever did anything to her. He sometimes threatened Karina too, because Ashton was his best mate out of all of them. He just knew Karina was such a unique girl, she didn't deserve anything bad and he wanted to protect her as much as Ashton did.

-

Insight on mikey + kari!!

btw karina's middle name is dulce but mikey's a lil shit so he calls her candy, that and he cant pronounce dulce !!

the gif im having heart problems

~mari