19. The Closet

^when ur friends read ur fic lmao
Disclaimer: why do i call these disclaimers??? this chapter is going to suck kinda. this is your reminder to vote. and comment. i like when you guys go akhdbak over something, lets me know im doing a good job at fûcking u up.

-

The girls sat in four uncomfortable chairs in the meeting room. They were going to discuss many, many things and they were ready to argue with their label if they needed to. Even Karina.

It was the day after the award show, when Karina had gotten slapped by a two-hundred pound, well built, man. She was still holding an ice pack to her cheek, still feeling the throbbing. Both of her hands were now wrapped up in bandages, except her right hand had way less damage than her left hand. It turns out she broke the paps nose. She really never thought she would be punching anyone or anything, she also never thought she was going to severely hurt herself for doing so.

But still beaten up and looking rough, she was up early and ready to discuss her career.

"First things first, why are you on every single headline?" Guy asked, pointing a finger towards Karina. "You're a little troublemaker, a firecracker, stirring up a shitstorm left and right..." He was actually standing this time, walking around the meeting room. "...I like it." He finished, crossing his arms over his chest. "I don't like the fact that you're getting hurt, that puts a stop to the moneymaking. Two broken hands? How are you going to hold a microphone? Dance your routines? Make me rich?"

Karina rolled her eyes, re-positioning the ice pack on her cheek. Her phone kept buzzing on her lap but she made no move to put it on silent. Besides, her hands hurt, it was struggle to even get dressed in the mornings.

The meeting went on and arguments went down, but at the end of the day the Reflect girls got exactly what they wanted. They didn't let anyone make any decisions they were supposed to be making themselves, and that's how they've been coming on top ever since they were signed.

Guy tried over and over again to tell them what to do, what to say, and how to act, yet it never worked. The girls did what they wanted to do, without any fear or regrets. They didn't care if they ran into issues with Guy because it was crystal clear that if he dropped them, he'd be poor and the girls would be picked up by another major record label in a jiffy.

"So the studio to finish recording?" Will asked, walking the girls back to their SUV. It was a calm day in LA, paps were low and fans were being kind and gentle, the girls actually wanted to stop being cooped up, but they had priorities.

"Will you please do this take right?" Karina whined, tapping on the glass. She was whining at Jennifer because she wasn't taking her recording time seriously. Jennifer was goofing around making Dakota and Luciana laugh instead of recording her vocals, which were the main vocals of the song.

Jennifer laughed. "Can I take a break? I obviously can't get this right."

Karina rolled her eyes, letting Jennifer off the hook. "Hey, how many months has it been since you and Ashton broke up?" Dakota asked, scrolling through her phone.

Karina shrugged. "I don't know, like, three or four."

"And you're still moping about him?"

"Why'd you bring this up right now?" Karina huffed, taking a seat on one of the couches. They were alone in the studio, as the producer went out for a few minutes. It seemed like the perfect time to have a few heart to hearts.

"We've been meaning to bring this up somehow, we just couldn't find the right time." Luciana said, crossing her legs and getting ready to lecture her best friend.