15. The Hole & A Kiss

Disclaimer: this is my least favorite chapter ever I'm sorry for what u r going to read. also vote and comment thx

-

Michael and Karina sat frozen on the couch. After Karina finished explaining how much she adored the current Michael sitting before her, things got quiet. And then really weird. They were sitting closer than before, their lips just a few inches from touching.

"So what about me?" Karina whispered, her eyes staring down Michael's lips. Michael was watching her face, watching her eyes especially. Her golden-brown irises were dilated, full of color. They were very close, too close. Any further and they'd be kissing.

Michael gulped. "Well, eighteen year old you was great. You were really happy and..." He began. They stayed in their current position, not daring to move any further. "And then you right now..."

They both looked up, connecting their stares. Karina took a deep breath. "Right now..." She mumbled.

"You're..."

Their lips were just about to touch, about a few millimeters away, but then Karina full on panicked. She tried not to be abrupt, but obviously failed. She leaned back, her eyes now full of a different emotion; fear.

Karina quickly changed the subject. "Why was it so easy for Ashton to get over me?" She said in a panic. She was breathing heavy, swallowing harshly.

Michael closed his eyes, leaning back into his original position and mentally slapping himself. He was about to kiss Ashton's ex girlfriend, how could he do that? Bro code is real and it should be enforced. He proceeded to go along and act like nothing happened, because nothing could happen and nothing will happen.

"Calum said he told you already." Michael simply explained, ruffling his blond hair to take away Karina's focus on his tinted cheeks. She knew she just embarrassed him a bit, she embarrassed herself as well. It was gross to go after Ashton's bandmate, especially when she had dated Ashton first. What would the fans think? It would be frowned upon.

Karina shook her head. "I still don't get it." She continued. Calum's entire point was for her to be completely angry at Ashton instead of sulking around over him. And God, was it working. Karina stood up from the couch, pacing around the entire living room. She just got back from that meeting, completely happy at the fact that she could finally get over her ex boyfriend, but everything seemed so stupid to her. He never loved her? How's that even possible? Is Ashton that much of an idiot?  "He never loved me?" She said out loud, scoffing.

Michael knew she was about to go on a gigantic rant, so he sat back and prepared himself to comfort her. She did this a lot, when she was angry about something.

"So everything he said was a lie!" She exclaimed, facing Michael and slapping her hands against her thighs. The day was going well for her, and then she begins to overthink. "Michael...i gave him my virginity!" She squealed, biting her trembling lip.

Michael's eyes widened, opening his mouth but closing it again. They were best friends, yes, but Ashton was his bandmate and Karina never told Michael anything about her sex life, because then that means she told him about Ashton's as well.

Karina slumped down to her knees on the carpet. She sadly took off her shoes and sighed. "But i loved him. I really, really, loved him. And i gave him a lot. Why does it have to be this way?" She whined, looking up at the ceiling. "I hate him!" She shouted, startling Michael. He'd never seen her angry. She was never an angry person, she always had such a heated attitude, but she was never mad. And that was when Michael spoke up. "Kari, are you doing okay?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.