Chapter 6: Shaved Ice

I guess I fell asleep on the floor

I guess I fell asleep on the floor. I wiped the drool and ran to clean my face.

While stretching my arms, I looked in the mirror then the clock. "Should I just dye my hair" I said leaning towards the mirror.

I bought hair dye three months ago but have been wondering whether I should. I shrugged and started to my grandma's room to get clothes,"Well it's brand new day" I said.

[School campus 8:00 am]

When I got to class Alice just ,well, scared me. "Austry!" she shouted as she grabbed tightly to my arms. I stared at her, "what". Daniel looked at me as I spoke," How do you feel about all this" he said.

I looked at them then to my side, "I'm not sure how I feel about it".

Then I looked up, "I'm going with the flow".

Daniel and Alice then smirked almost in syn. I suddenly felt a shiver up my spine. I turned only to see Maggie and her group gossiping. Then Maggie screamed, "Oh be careful Austry ! Wouldn't want you to fall and not get up".

The class laughed I just shook my head and rolled my attention to my friends. Alice whispered in my ear," How about we ditch?". I looked at her shocked "Who kidnapped Alice, Daniel. The Alice I know would never ditch" I said speaking to Daniel.

"Well we are leaving aren't we. Why not enjoy the summer before you know" he winked.

"Are you guys going with the flow too" I said confused. Their faces when they left my house last night didn't seem full with joy to me.

But if they are okay with it, I guess I should be too. They nodded and smiled maliciously.

"Okay then" I agreed to their plans "Let's do it" I smiled.

"Alright, let's all escape at lunch so we head over your house" Alice said, I just shook my head.

[campus 1:00 pm]

It was lunch so we stayed in class as everyone else went to the cafeteria. We smirked. Time for the escape!The teacher just left us in the room, "Wow he cared so much about us ...enough to just leave us in here alone" Alice pointed out. "So senpai" Daniel said "What should we do once we get to Austry's house".

Alice looked at me indicating me to answer. I widened my eyes, "The man said he would be there earlier so I guess let's eat".

We started to head to the park that was right next to the campus. "All the yellow tape is gone I said. "Yup, guess they gave up". Wait! Do you think the old man knows about the murder!" Daniel screamed. The man's name is Steven Marriott, Daniel" I said sticking my tongue at him.

"He could know who knows if he'll answer any questions" I said.

Alice nodded in agreement. We got to my house and I unlocked the door, "make yourselves comfortable, ok" I smiled."Ok" they both said. We shaved some ice I had in the freezers and opened a new bottle of cherry syrup.