Chapter 42: A Lap Job would be good too

I woke up to find no one with me. A cold breeze hits my bare skin. Goosebumps spread the icy sensation down my legs, it feels good actually. .My eyes look around Cynthia's den before they rest on the white covers aimlessly dumped on the floor. I am not someone who likes covers too much.

The condition of the bruises would revolt anyone who saw them. The blotches of red, blue and purple all over the inner parts of my arms.

"How are the bruises?" a voice echoes in the silent room. I jump slightly, I didn't expect to hear that voice and I am not happy to hear it.

He broke the silence I was enjoying. For a few moments, my mind wasn't bombarded with worries.

My body freezes as I hear footsteps click on the ground. I don't want to see his damn face right now. His face, no the thought of his face, makes me retch. He pounded at me knowing I wouldn't stand a chance and for what, to start rambling on about who freaking knows what.

'Damn you,' my fist clenches at my sides.

"No answer?" he sheepishly grins before he steps away from the wall to walk over to the bed.

I study him silently. I watch his body sit on the edge of the bed before my vision blurs. My head hurts. It pulses heavily at the front of my forehead.

"Good because I need you to listen carefully to what I am going to say."

Steven sits on the bed and turns to me. A wave scurries in my mind harshly and pain follows the wave.

"Hearse sensed your wolf," Steven whispers. My eyes were on my hands before they lift to meet Steven's glance.

"Whose Hearse?" my voice cracks with a scratchy rough growl.

"My wolf; his name is Hearse," he sighs and slightly smiles to himself. My lips remained at a tight line on my face as I look at his back. His foot kicks away the white covers on the floor before he leans down, picks them up, and plants them at the end of the bed.

"Austry, you have a lot to learn and I want to show you," he looks away from me. My body stiffens, his movements are all so rigid have no idea what to do or say.

His eyes focus on his fingers. He leans forward on the side of the bed, his elbows on his lap.

"Understand, I did not have a daughter. I was never expected to become this, " he points at himself before looking down.

"I was an Omega. An omega doesn't lead a group of people into battle. They are the raw meat the alpha throws first to serve as a meat shield. But my point is ...I'm sorry I'm not the best at being the 'I knowing everything' alpha everyone needs me to be."

"If you're asking me to suddenly become your obedient lapdog just because you decided to open up about your life, forget it. I have seen enough sad stories in korean dramas," I say as plainly as I could.

His back tense before he peers over his shoulder. Hurt swims in his eyes but it vanishes quickly, "A lap job would be good too, " he mumbles to himself. He says it like it was an everyday thing to say.

My eyes widen in disgust as I clench my teeth, "You're freaking disgusting!"

He throws his head back and laughs between coughs.

"I was joking. You're just like your dad, you can't take a joke and he never listen to anyone except Daisy," he chuckles before he leans closer toward me. My body tenses up as I watch him.

He leans forward more and more "Come here, have grand papa a big nice-", my hand shot across his face. A red spot sprouts on Steven's cheek before he rubs it and throws me deathly glares.