Chapter 14: The mind

My muscles ached as I stepped on the wooden floor. '

Damn Harrison. Steven. Werewolves altogether!' Stupid push-UPS!,'  I rubbed my arms and held onto my side. As I started into my dark room, I couldn't help but feel fearful. All my pain disappeared as I locked my door.

The floor shined in the moonlight. Webs nested in the corners of the room as I grabbed a feather duster from the restroom to remove them.

I took out my ruffle bag and sat on the floor.

"Daniel!" I heard Alice muffled through the wall. I smiled and took out my clothing putting them in order of color and occupation before filling my wardrobe.

When I flopped into the bed, I felt my body melt as I took a deep breathe of air.

'So, danger is practically everywhere', I glanced out the window that faced the rest of the pack's homes and the arena . I saw men that looked like vikings with their fuzzy beards and armour.

'There seems to be diversity' of course I would say that! I frowned at myself for using my AP Environmental skills.

"I'm such a nerd" I puffed up my cheeks.

The room had a bed, a wardrobe and closet. But there stood an old mirror by the small bathroom, I refuse to look at it right now.

If werewolves exist, then why wouldn't demons and ghosts? Even though I  kinda feel like they do.

I stared at the ceiling for a while.

"Austry, can you hear me?" a voice broke the silence of the room.  

I sat up, looking around frantically.

"W-who who's there?" I stared in the direction of the mirror. The voice resonated from all directions.

'Oh hell no! NO! I DON'T WANT TO MEET ANY GHOSTS EVER!' I thought backing into the window.

'I'm not a ghost' the voice said with a chuckle. The sound wave passed me as I felt the intensity shock me. The voice, it had to be coming from somewhere!!! My head ached suddenly as a loud shrieking sound came to me.

I stood in silence. 'Ughhhh ! What's going on!?!?' I felt my heart beat hard.

'Oh yes! It's your first time using mind-link'.

It's a  women's voice: an Italian accent yet rough and scratchy. I've never hear it before but I felt like I was comfortable.

I gulped 'Ugh'. I remember Harrison or Steven said something about that or was it a book I read?

The voice laughed as I heard crickets  chirp outside. My body loosen up as I heard the voice. I attempted to speak but my mouth wasn't listening to my, it was stuck.

'What the hell is happening? Why me? W-who are you?' I thought to myself.

'My young babe, it's grandma' the voice sweetly said.

I froze in time as everything came crushed me. 'W-what? How can this be? I mean. I mean' I stuttered.

'Austry, I'm a werewolf. Mind-link is a form of communication werewolves use,my dear. Steven knows I'm speaking with you by the way' she said.

My eyes stared at my hands as tears fell but I won't dare say why. An idea suddenly struck me but I wasn't going to start thinking. "Can you hear me!!???! Mind link is giving me a headache! Can you hear when I speak out loud" I was making my voice wonky on purpose.