Chapter 46: "Make an alpha out of you"

Lunar Blue Area above!

I know I been missing in action! I haven't forgotten nor have I been resting !

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Tell me what you think, it really helps me out :) !

Thank you for reading

The officers from Lunar Blue accompanied us back to the camp after Azarel intensely lecture them all on how terrible they were at protecting their leader with the bonus details of how he single handedly fought us into compromise.

That damn ego of his really gets under my skin, I huff to myself as I look around the area.

Their camp grounds are so enchanting though. Close to what I would imagine the fae lands to look like.

The trees are so bare yet the glow from the swamp made the area light up with an emerald hue. I must've missed all this earlier. Of course I would, since my mind was worrying over dying, who else could look and admire trees when that's the thing on their mind.

Eventually the men were gathered up by Harrison and Boris, before the large group headed towards the dining room.

"Get them to help us rid the bugs before anything," Steven told Harrison curtly before he quickly follows the group. Then Steven's eyes look toward me and narrow slightly as he turns.

What's with that look? I ask myself as I leaned on the wall next to me.

Well. Let's say I didn't enjoy what came after.

I heaved water out of my empty stomach as my legs gave out and I fall on my hands.

He came out of nowhere that time, dammit!

From behind, my ears hear the disbalance of the wind, and I throw myself back onto my butt before my arm successfully bounces his fist out of the way. But he didn't stop there.

In another moment, he grabs my ankles and spin me the other way before sending me flying in the air. With a burning rush, my body glides through the soil and leaves; my lips hiss before I look up to see where he was.

My eye widen before I look up and see him above me, falling down with his feet readying to land on my stomach. I shiver in pain before shutting my eyes rapidly, waiting for the weight to make whatever was in my stomach jerk out.

Warmth lined against my sweaty legs as the leaves around them shuffle.

My eyes open to Steven crouching above my body.

"Dead" his finger flickers my nose as I gasp and hold my nose; glaring at him angrily.

He sighs before looking at me, then something sparks in Steven's eye before he looks down at my body. I suddenly get a bad feeling in my gut and push myself away from him.

He grins at me before standing up straight, "Shy, are we?"

"So you were doing that on purpose," I trailed before huffing tiredly, "Idiot."

"Why are you only defending? That's not wise especially in a war against wolves, your attacks need to be strong and unpredictable. Yet you haven't even tried," he frowns deeply as he looks at me. I'm pretty sure he knows why.

"Why?"

"Cause I don't want to," I sigh exhausted finally catching hold of my erratic breathing.