Chapter 4: BONUS

This chapter is dedicated to @PandaCloudLover Thank you for adding the first book to your reading list <3 

Bruce

It was always nice to see the Manor full of life. On regular days with just Damian, Alfred and I, the place felt lonely. Now the halls seemed to echo with the voices of everyone sitting around the table. Well, almost everyone. Jason was looking kind of glum after finishing his argument with me and saying he would not change into more suitable clothes. Razel didn't seem to mind though. Then again, she had always been a very down to Earth girl.

"It's good to see you doing well, Razel," I said, beginning a conversation with our guest of honor. "How's the internship at the hospital going?"

"Thanks Bruce. I'm glad to see you're well, too," she replied, courteous as ever. Asteria seated beside her was paying attention to our conversation. "The internship is going great. Unfortunately, Dr. Chamberlin is ill, which is why they allowed me to take over some of her patients."

Before I could ask her what patients Dr. Chamberlin handled, Asteria cut in with her own question. "If you don't mind my asking, how do you and Bruce know each other so well?"

My eyes landed on Jason as soon as Asteria asked the question, only to see that his green eyes were already looking back at me expectantly. I smiled and turned back to Asteria, so I could answer her. "I've known Razel since she started high school in Gotham Academy. She is a Wayne Foundation scholarship grant up until now. She's already taking her General Medicine courses and studying at Gotham University."

"That's very impressive," Dick commented from beside Jason.

"Thank you," Razel said, her cheeks flushing at the compliment.

Jason abruptly stood up from his chair, surprising us and cutting off the conversation. "I think I'll go help Alfred prepare in the kitchen. He may need some assistance to bring in all the food for everyone."

Not waiting for our reply, he stalked out of the room and the double doors shut quietly behind him. Further down the table, everyone was still chatting animatedly, but our little group was quiet for a few seconds.

"I don't think he likes me very much," Razel finally commented, a small frown creasing her forehead.

"Jason's just been having a bad day," Dick explained, making Wally who sat beside him turn his attention to us as well.

Snorting, he gave Dick a look that clearly said, dude, understatement of the year. "Jason's always sulky. Don't mind him," Wally said to Razel with a reassuring grin.

Razel returned the smile, though somewhat reluctantly. Asteria cleared her throat before speaking. "Actually, I have something to say to everyone," she blurted, looking a bit nervous as she bit her lip.

"Is everything okay, babe?" Dick asked from across the table, staring worriedly at his fiancée. He made a move as if to stand, but Asteria raised her hand to stop him.

"Everything's fine," she answered with a reassuring smile. I immediately saw Dick's features soften. He was definitely in love. Asteria was the one who stood up from her seat, and she spoke louder to grab everyone's attention. "Guys, I have something to say. It's about why I invited Dr. Anders to dine with us this evening."

The whole table immediately settled down, focusing on Asteria's commanding presence. I could see Dick's leadership and communication skills were rubbing off on her, as well as the way he cared for others. Being with Dick truly changed Asteria, just as she changed him.

"I didn't just go to the hospital to join Artemis for her weekly baby check- ups," she continued. Artemis who sat beside her was looking at her with bright gray eyes and barely concealed joy, peaking my curiosity. "I actually went with her to have a pregnancy test myself. And I'm really happy to announce that Dick and I are having our first baby. Dr. Anders confirmed it this morning, and I'll be paying her weekly visits just like Artemis does, and she'll be my OB- gyne. So I thought it would be nice to have her over for some dinner."