Chapter 24

This chap is dedicated to @ToxicDcLover  since she offered to help me write this chapter! You're awesome! 

Dick

I stared at the monitor screen, trying to make sense of Shrike's message.

Finally, I turned to Talia and Dusan behind me. "I know I'm smart, but even I can't make sense of these coordinates."

Talia smirked arrogantly at me, and I rolled my eyes. Seriously. I was beginning to understand why Damian was the way he was. Growing up with a psychotic woman must've been hard on the kid. "It's not coordinates. It's a secret code."

"And would you mind telling us what this secret code means so we can get on with this?" Wally cut in. He was seated beside me and looking bored. We were still on the Watchtower. Everyone was aware of the plan, grouped together and had their own orders. Now, all we needed to figure out was where to go. The Al Ghul siblings still stood in the midst of our assembled superhero group. They didn't seem to be that worried though, and we were all a lot calmer considering the plan that was in place.

"Always so impatient," Talia replied. "Does that come with being a speedster and having everything move in fast forward?" Wally frowned but didn't bother to reply. Talia was already studying the coded message on screen. After a few minutes, she sighed. "You may not believe this, but it looks like we're headed to Hawaii."

From the tone of her voice, even she didn't seem to think the bad guys chose a good place. Why Hawaii? Hawaii is a place for vacations and relaxing, not trading over prisoners. I would never see that place the same way again.

"Yes!" Bart exclaimed, making all eyes turn to him. "I always wanted to go there. And now I get to kick bad guy butt, too."

"You're completely loco, man," Jaime sighed in exasperation at his friend. "We all are."

I just grinned at the kid. He had a point. This plan was completely insane.

Jason

There are a few things that I really, really hate in this world.

Waking up early. Bad guys. Resurrection. Torture. Yeah. I really hated that last one.

As my groggy brain tried to make sense of what was happening around me, my eyes scanned the surroundings. And I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There was Dick, dressed in that leotard of his. Seriously, my brother needed a better sense of style. But what stooped me were the two people standing beside him. Talia and Dusan Al Ghul.

Fuck. They actually released those two?

Talia's green eyes were shining with triumph, and the smirk on her face spoke volumes. Even Dusan looked pleased with himself, as if he was the one that planned all of this. What the heck was my family thinking? How did they get the other members of the Justice League to agree to this?

And then I felt the knife at my throat and glanced up to see Shiva standing beside me. She was pulling at my hair tightly, while I was kneeling on the ground with my hands shackled in front of me. This was slightly worse than having to wake up early. The pain in my limbs soon made themselves known, reminding me I had gone through a great amount of torture before coming here. I groaned as I felt the onslaught of the awful sensations.

"Looks like someone's awake," chirped an awfully familiar voice beside me.

I turned slightly to see Shrike stood on the other side of me. To say I never wanted to see his ugly face ever again would be an understatement. And I thought I hated him back when I thought he was just Jared. I really hoped someone thought to bring my guns, because I wanted to shoot this asshole more than anything else in the world.