Chapter 8:

This chapter is dedicated to @wonder_flash Thank you for all the votes you gave the first book <3 Did I mention I also love the Flash? Especially the Wally version ;) Stay awesome and happy reading!!!

Jason

The drive home was quiet.

After what felt like forever, Bruce finally finished talking to Commissioner Gordon and I was patched up by the EMTs. Frankly, what I couldn't wrap my head around was the fact that I got my ass handed to me by Shadows for a second time and waking up to find Razel looking at me with her big, brown doe eyes. I knew as soon as we got home Bruce would give me hell for showing Razel the weapon's room in his office. I hadn't exactly been worried about that at the time, since I was more bent on making sure we didn't die without a fight. Secret identities were never my priority, especially when hordes of crazy assassins were at our backs. Bruce was a different case. He was all secret identity, it protects the ones you love. It wasn't such a big problem when the people you cared about could take care of themselves and possessed super powers.

The team that came to lend us a hand disappeared as soon as the cops arrived, and I could only guess they were back at home and waiting to hear the full story from us. My body felt exhausted, though, and the thought of just crashing on my bed was very tempting. But it was normal for the team to have a meeting and be debriefed about the recent events. Moreover, I was burning with questions as well. Bruce knew what the Shadows wanted, why they attacked. I, on the other hand, was having trouble connecting the dots. What did we take from them? And why did Bruce tell them to stay away from Damian? He did say stay away from my son.

Not to mention I had to figure out what to say to Razel. Maybe I should go with the spy thing after all. Or I could just tell her Bruce made me take self- defense training when I was young... but that wouldn't explain the weapon's room. Damn it. Thinking of Razel also reminded me of the folder still tucked in my jacket, amazingly safe even with the battle we went through. At least I got one good thing out of this.

The Manor loomed over the cliff, its familiar sight bringing relief to me. We were safe. We were home. Alfred was waiting by the front doors and opened the door for me. His aged face was etched with worry. "Are you alright Master Jason?" he asked, assisting me as if I wasn't bigger and heavier than him.

"I'm fine Al," I replied with a reassuring smile even though my arms still ached from the elevator incident, and my head was beginning to throb from the hit I received. But I never like worrying Alfred.

Bruce also got out of the car and watched us silently, his clear blue gaze unnerving and his face an expressionless mask. I hated this side of Bruce. He hid his emotions and thoughts too well. I wasn't sure if he was wondering why Alfred didn't ask him if he was okay, or if he was still waiting to tear me apart. Maybe both. "The rest of the team is waiting in the conference room," Alfred stated, making me drag my eyes back to him.

"I guess we better get this over with," I said. "I could use a really good shower and some sleep."

"And some food," Alfred added, walking towards the Manor and climbing the front steps.

I followed closely, not waiting to see if Bruce was also falling into step behind me. While Alfred disappeared towards the direction of the kitchen, I continued towards the conference room. Pushing the doors open, I could see the whole team was present and not just those that came to our aid. Eighteen pairs of eyes met mine. Yup, the whole gang was gathered. They were like a high school class with cliques.

There was the Batclan- Dick, Babs, Damian, and Tim. Near them the two Atlanteans. I still hadn't gotten used to Kaldur's glassy eyes or Lagaan;s appearance, but I wasn't saying that out loud. Then there were the Martians. Well, Gar wasn't really a Martian, but he only acquired his powers after Megan gave him a transfusion. Of course, the Superhumans weren't missing. Wally, Bart, Connor and Cassie, all possessing inhuman speed or strength. My favorite was the next group. I referred to them as the Weapons. They may not have had superpowers or cool gadgets, but they were just as lethal. Asteria was a part of the group, along with Artemis, Jade and Roy. Lastly were the tow Techs who used technology to fight- Jaime and Karen.