Chapter 13:

This chapter is dedicated to @Ravenhex34for Thank you for all the votes you gave on the first book!  I appreciate it very much <3

Razel

"Here you go," Felicity said, opening the door for me.

I was still a bit shy around her, considering she seemed like a smart and beautiful woman with her glasses, bright blue eyes and fine blonde hair. "This will be your room, and I think Jason is just across the hall from you."

I blushed at the information, and Felicity's grin widened when she noticed it. "Thank you," I murmured.

"No problem," she chirped. She also seemed very energetic and overall optimistic. Leaning in closer, she added in a conspiratorial whisper, "And I don't mean to pry or anything, but if you like him, you should tell him. Don't wait too long."

"I kind of have a boyfriend," I explained with a sigh, making Felicity's smile waver.

She placed a comforting hand on my shoulder when she noticed my long face, and I wished I had a mom like her growing up. She was cool. "I'm sure you'll figure it out," she reassured me, her smile returning.

I tried to smile back but probably failed. "I hope so."

"I know you will," she replied in determination. "You look like a smart young woman... who I should probably leave to settle in." Chuckling, she finally waved a goodbye and turned to disappear down the hall. Placing my suitcase down, I quietly shut the door behind me and made my way over to the bed. Plopping down, I released a small groan as I ran over my conversation with Felicity in my mind.

Was I that obvious? I really needed to stop blushing whenever I was around Jason or whenever he was mentioned. And Jared... I needed to talk to him. But I wasn't breaking up with him over the phone. That was just overall bitchy. And I wasn't even sure I wanted to break up with Jared. I'd only known Jason for a few days. Well, technically, I met him back in October, but I only got to know him now. In fact, I didn't even know much about him. I knew he was secretly a vigilante going by Red Hood, he had anger issues and his parents were dead. That was pretty much it.

But Jared? I knew him since college, and my parents approved of him. They were the ones who told me to date Jared after I invited him to dinner with them- biggest mistake of my life. So when Jared asked me out, I didn't say no. I was happy with him anyway... until Jason came along. Then he made me realize all the things I'd been missing. Like how a person can affect you so much, make your heart beat faster and your breathing stop with just a single word or a touch. It made me wonder if I was missing out.

Still, Jason or no Jason, I probably should tell Jared we need a break. I needed to take a step back and carefully assess all these new feelings and developments. That's what smart people did, right? Or was I over thinking it? Ugh. I grabbed a pillow and placed it on top of my head, trying to block out everything. Maybe it would come to me after a nap... but of course, that's when a knock sounded at my door.

"... and I think Jason is just across the hall from you." Felicity's voice came into mind, and I groaned again. As I threw my pillow aside and stood to get the door, a part of me wished it was him, while another wished it wasn't. Gah. This is so confusing. I opened the door to find...

Artemis.

I smiled at the blonde girl, the feeling of relief and disappointment warring inside of me. "Hey Artemis," I greeted. We weren't that close, but she seemed like a cool girl. She wasn't intimidating like Jade or commanding like Asteria. She was pretty laid back and calm.

She placed a hand on her hip and smirked at me. "You look like you were expecting some else," she commented, raising an eyebrow.

"Err...," I struggled to find the words, glancing down as my cheeks yet again heated up.