Chapter 11:

This chapter is dedicated to spencer_breckon Thank you so much for the follow :)

And a special shout out to BoluAkins for suggesting a cast for  Razel <3

Asteria

All my bags were packed-

No. Wait, that sounded like the beginning of a song Dick made me listen to sometimes. But it was the truth. I zipped up the last of my suitcases, not even knowing how long we would be gone. Admittedly, I still couldn't believe Bruce was sending us away. But as I glanced down at my small belly, I knew this was his way of making sure we were safe. Besides, I had faith they'd figure things out quickly. I'd be back before we knew it.

Satisfied with my own reassurance, I put my suitcases in a corner and crawled back into bed. Our bed. Even though Dick and I were back in the Manor, we still slept in one bed. I had moved most of my stuff from my old room into his, and Bruce had mentioned some plans for renovations so we could have more space. We had also been talking about choosing a room for the nursery, but that was put on hold due to recent events. Guess excitement was never far behind in the life of a superhero, though God knows I still have so much to atone for before I considered myself one.

I flicked on the T.V. and grabbed my half eaten plate of chocolate chip cookies- leftovers from the batch I'd baked for Jason earlier that morning. Gosh, this morning was a disaster. Trying not to think of the destruction the kids caused or the fact that Razel now knew about our family, I focused on the T.V. show playing. It was about some guy getting marooned on an island for five years before finding his way home to make up for his father's mistakes. Seriously, the things people come up with nowadays.

The opening of the door made me tear my eyes off the hero on screen to see my own real life superhero walking into the room. Dick flashed me that charming smile of his, never failing to drive me crazy. Even though I was already a month pregnant, I couldn't help but want him... especially when he had just finished working out.

"I didn't know you were done packing," he said in way of greeting after throwing his towel around his neck. Did I mention he was shirtless? Well, he was. And I could see his glorious body glistening from sweat. His defined chest and sculpted abdomen were on full display, and his ass looked amazing, even hidden beneath his workout shorts. I bit my lip, not really processing what he was saying as hungrily roamed my eyes all over him. "Baby."

"What?" I asked, my eyes snapping towards his and finally meeting those familiar blue orbs I loved. Even his eyes were prefect. Good God, how did I get this lucky? He smirked at my obviously dazed expression. I would've been embarrassed about getting caught ogling him, but after being with him for so long, it was hard not to. He was just too amazing.

He sauntered towards me, the sexy smirk never leaving his face even as he sat at the edge of our bed. "I said, 'I didn't know you were done packing'," he repeated, grabbing my hands and pulling me closer.

I smiled back at him, watching his lips as he spoke. "Well, I'm glad I am," I replied in a mischievous tone, a smirk of my own curving my lips.

"And why is that?" Dick whispered, leaning in closer. He didn't fail to notice that I'd been looking at his lips. He knew exactly what I wanted.

"So I can show you just how much I'm going to miss you," I spoke just as softly, my eyes leaving his lips and moving back to his eyes.

He closed the space between us, giving in to what I desired, though I had a feeling I wasn't the only one who wanted it. Our kisses had always started out gentle, but now he kissed me with so much passion I was surprised we didn't burst into flames. I moved even closer, wrapping my arms around his broad shoulders and not caring that he was sweaty. I loved the feel of his warm body molding with mine. My hands slowly moved to his biceps, feeling the muscles flex under my hands as he deepened the kiss, eliciting a moan of ecstasy from me.