Chapter 6:

This chapter is dedicated to @necessary_evils Thank you for the comment in the first book <3 Hehehe

Jason

"You what?" Bruce exclaimed, rubbing his eyes sleepily. I think I actually succeeded in surprising him.

It was currently five in the morning, and everyone was up and getting ready for the day. I know. My whole family were early birds. Was I the only one who saw the irony in it? Bruce was still in his sweatpants, his chest bare. I probably woke him up before his alarm could do the job.

"I want to go to work with you today," I repeated with the same bright grin. "You take Damian to work. How come I can't come along, too?"

Bruce ran his fingers through his hair in confusion, his lips pursed. "Because you've never wanted to go with me before."

I crossed my arms over my chest. Luckily, I had prepared for this. I knew my lines like an actor for a play. "Well, it seems like a better idea than staying here all day for wedding plans and baby check- ups. " I said the words like they were some rare, incurable disease. In honesty, I was curious to know what baby names they'd come up with and who they were inviting to the weddings and what-not. What? They were rubbing off on me! But Bruce didn't need to know that.

"Okay," Bruce finally agreed with a sigh. There was still curiosity hiding behind his crystal blue eyes, but as long as he allowed me to go, I had no problem.

"Thanks Bruce," I said and slapped him on the shoulder before rushing towards my own room to change.

As I was about to turn the corner down the hall, I heard him shout after me. "Make sure to wear something decent!"

Right. That was the only thing I hated about this plan.

I decided on a plain white, immaculate V-neck shirt under a black suit jacket and some dark colored jeans. My favorite pair of black boots finished the look. This was as professional as I was ever going to look, and Bruce should've been proud. Alfred gave me a smile of approval as I entered the dining room, since he had pressed my clothes for me. He ignored my protests even though I told him I could do it fine on my own. Everyone's eyes were on me as I took my seat at the dining table.

"Jeez," I grumbled at them. "Take a picture. It'll last longer."

"Please," Damian said with a snort. "Like I want to keep looking at your face."

Bruce sighed at the head of the table. "Damian," he said in warning.

We both ignored him as we glared at each other. The one and only time Damian and I didn't seem to hate each other was when we thought Asteria had died. Clearly, that was long gone. "Then why are you still looking at me?" I asked, my glare transforming into a triumphant smirk.

Frowning Damian looked back at his plate. I had a feeling he'd avoid meeting my eyes for the rest of the meal. "I think you look handsome," Asteria cut in with a beaming smile, almost looking like a proud mom. Yup, her kids were in good hands.

"Ehem," Dick commented, raising an eyebrow at his fiancée. I smiled at the obvious jealousy on his face. Even Asteria laughed.

"Not as handsome as you are honey," she reassured, giving him a peck on the cheek.

Can you spell puke? From beside me, Wally also made a sound of disgust. "We're eating here!" He complained.

Dick smirked, his ego having been restored. "Then stop talking and eat."

"Sometimes, I wonder how you two are best friends," I muttered before taking Dick's advice and helping myself to some food. I was still smart enough to avoid Alfred's waffles though. But the three pregnant women at the table- Asteria, Jade and Artemis- seemed to be enjoying them. Guess being pregnant meant they could stomach anything. Again, I'm thankful I was born a guy.