Chapter 18:

This chapter is dedicated to @lizbethsalmeron Thank you so much for the follow! <3

Jason

I was pacing around in the living room, and I could feel Razel's soulful eyes following me.

In fact, I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I thought over what Razel had just told us. Shiva had Jared. Shiva- who was quite possibly the best martial artist in the world- had Razel's boyfriend. My mind was whirling, and I could guess why Razel almost fainted a few minutes ago. If I was confused, she must've been terrified.

I didn't know what Shiva was playing at. But then, Croc's words rang in my ears. All she asked was that I bring you back to her. Could he have meant Shiva? Why the hell would she want me? Then again, why did I have to concern myself with this? All Bruce said was protect Razel. And taking her to Shiva would most definitely not be protecting her.

Then I glanced over at Razel at the thought. She looked stiff sitting between Asteria and Artemis. Jade was beside her sister, and Kori, much to Asteria's frustration, was sat beside her. I knew she still didn't like Kori, especially with the way they met. Even Babs and her had a hard time getting along.

As I watched Razel try to keep her composure, I knew I couldn't do it. I couldn't let Jared die, no matter how much I may have wanted to. Razel would hate me, and hate herself, forever. I could already see the guilt on her face as she explained Jared was being held captive by Lady Shiva. I had no idea why she blamed herself though. Obviously, it was my crazy family that was bringing all this distress into her life.

"He's just like Dick when he's nervous," came Damian's voice from the doorway. I turned towards him to see him leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed over his chest. He raised a challenging eyebrow as I glared at him. "You're going to make a hole through the floor with all that pacing."

"Hilarious," I said dryly, finally stopping. The kid had a point, even though I'd never admit it out loud. My pacing wasn't helping anyone.

Damian sauntered into the room, Bart, Jaime and Gar behind him. They were a group of trouble. "So, what are we going to do about this Jared person?"

I groaned as Damian plopped down onto to couch. "This doesn't concern you. I told you to stay out of it. Were you guys eavesdropping?"

"Maybe," Damian said nonchalantly, leaning back on the couch. The rest of his entourage looked equally at ease.

"You're impossible," I griped, also plopping down on the opposite couch. Razel was looking back and forth between us, chewing her lip like she did when she was nervous.

Damian snorted. "And you sound like a bi-"

"Damian Wayne, you better not finish that sentence!" Asteria growled, making Damian shut his trap. I grinned triumphantly. "And Jason, you better have a plan about this Jared situation."

Sighing, I rubbed my face with my hand tiredly. Right. Jared. I almost forgot. "Well, obviously, I'm going to have to go rescue the poor sucker, aren't I?" I told Asteria, not meeting anyone else's gaze.

Asteria's grey eyes widened in shock. "Not on your own, you're not!"

"As if I'm taking you," I shot back. "Do you want Dick and Bruce to kill me?"

"You'll be dead either way!" Asteria cried, standing from her seat. Once again, I saw Razel silently watching us. "Do you know who Lady Shiva is? I trained with her in the League of Shadows."

Distantly, I heard Razel gasp. But I also stood from my seat, matching Asteria's glare with my own. "God damn it, Asteria! Of course I know who she is! Which is why I can't leave Jared in her hands!"