Chapter 4- EVIL LITTLE BUTTERFLIES!

(a/n; cred to google I did not draw this)

I woke up wiping the tears streaming down my face. Pull it together Lilly you can't just stop living because someone died. "Hey," cautiously said Iris. I waved a bit closing my eyes to try and stop the burning. "I'm so sorry," she mumbled and hugged me. I hugged her back not able to say anything or stop the feeling of sadness in the pit of my stomach. "I'm always here if you need me," Iris said. I nodded quietly and Iris just talked to me about stuff going on in town the past few days. Apparently Barry and Felicity didn't work out and she has her eye on Mr. Queen. Felicity sure can pick 'em. Iris had to leave and Barry came back after work and brought food.

I wasn't very hungry so I just ate the fries. He was just looking at me and I finally asked, "What?" "You need to eat," he said. "I'm not very hungry," I said. "You haven't eaten all day," Barry protested. I just shrugged toying with a fry. "Please for me," he asked. "Lilly please just finish something besides the fries," Barry pleaded. I sighed in defeat taking the nuggets and ate them. I caught a glimpse of Barry smiling like crazy and I finished the box sliding the now empty fry container in it and suddenly everything was cleaned up.

I was 11 at night and I was still up just thinking staring off into the distance. Barry was asleep on the couch I think. I took out my sketch pad and started drawing after turning on the reading light. I was almost done except for some blending when I heard quiet footsteps walk over. I looked at the two black and white crying eyes I had just drawn and my chest felt a little lighter. "You're still up," Barry asked quietly. I shrugged closing the booklet as I looked up. His sea blue eyes were full of worry as he sat on the edge of the bed. "Can't sleep," I stated just barely above a whisper. "Neither can I," Barry admitted. "Why can't you sleep," I asked. "Well I made a bet with Cisco and my end of the deal is that if I lose I have to tell a certain someone that I love them and I'm getting really nervous I might lose because I don't want to ruin the friendship I have with her," Barry said vaugly. "If you lose her as a friend over that then she doesn't deserve you as a friend Bar. You're a sweet, fun, nerdy, hilarious little dork and any girl would be lucky to have you. Plus you have abs. You are a nerd with amazing hair and abs I know people at Starling who'd have thrown themselves on you already," I admitted. He chuckled smiling down at his lap.

I turned off the light and just the hall light came through I put the sketch book away entirely and patted the empty space next to me. "C'mon I know the couch ain't supporting your long ass-self ," I said chuckling. He snickered climbing under the covers and faced me on his side. "Remember when you got your braces caught on your sleeping bag that one year of co-ed summer camp," Barry asked chuckling. "Atleast I didn't get a second degree burn eating smoares," I countered with a smirk. Barry started smiling like crazy again and I couldn't help, but smile too. I reflect people without trying to. I felt his hand on my waist and the feeling of butterflies came back. I just pushed the feeling to the back of my mind until he kissed my forehead when I closed my eyes. I swear my heart skipped a beat. Stop it brain this is never gonna be a thing even if you do like him. WHICH YOU DON'T! Regardless he loves Iris, he's loved her since they were kids. Then why does it feel like there's something more he's not telling me?

I woke up the next day with Barry's arm's wrapped around me. I closed my eyes again not wanting to move being I was finally comfortable. "Morning Lil," he mumbled his voice heavy with sleep. I groaned burrying my head in his chest as he chuckled. "Sunlight is evil," I mumbled not caring that my words were muffled. "C'mon I'm bringing you out into the real world," Barry said. "Last I recalled it's Saturday I'm not moving 'til later I'm exhausted," I said stubbornly. We ended up only going to the park and Jitters and repeated the cycle Sunday.

Monday morning I got up twitching from the lack of forensic science in my life. Yes I known Lil you're an odd 25 year old who loves to got to work, freakin' alien child. I will admit though I hate waking up. Barry had gone back to his room at Joe's because of something with Iris. Who the hell knows? My first alarm blaired and I groaned now unable to go back to sleep. "I'm sorry bed, but I must bid you a sorrow filled farewell. For our love can never be," I rolled off thudding  to the grouned harder than I thought I would. "So much for a graceful dramatic exit," I thought out loud and turned on my Pandora Doctor Who soundtrack radio which started playing Love Don't Roam for the nine billionth time so I skipped it which inturn led to Pandora double adding me. "Damn you," I shouted at the radio as the Gieco commercial led into the Toyota commercial. Finally a new song started. "Teardrop by Massive Attack... hmm you sound chill," I said and blasted it as I went through my closet.