Chapter 14- 1 Step Forward 2 Steps Back

(Warning Arrow Spoilers if you're not caught up in season 3)

"Water guns. I didn't miss anything," I said as water squirt out of the masked men and women's "guns" and the others broke out dancing. "Oh this is the prank for the street wars like in Step Up," Caitlin asked. We all looked at her confused and shocked. "What, I had a life before STAR labs," She said. I just chuckled shaking my head as one of them tried to pull me out of my seat and I shook my head but paused seeing Jason's hair and roughly his height and build. My faulter had been long enough for him to pull me up as the song uptown funk started. I had taken a hip hop class throughout my life and I recognized some of the choreography I had made when I did my first student chreography. I joined in wung it soon enough everyone else in Jitters was pulled into the repeating steps. The members of the dance crew ran and everyone was kind of just talking and laughing some of us helped clean up. "Wow you're a good hip hop dancer," Cisco said. "Y'all weren't to shabby either," I complimented, "I also had an unfair advantage." "How so," Barry asked. "Some of the parts came from my minute and a half version student choreography to a different song my junior year," I said. "That's peculiar," Barry said the asked, "Did you know that guy?" "I think it was Jason," I admitted. "I thought he was in Gotham why didn't he drop in first," Barry asked. "I 'dunno angry Barry could be a bit intimidating to a soon to be heroe," I said. "Yeah dude when you're pissed you're like a bit scary man," Cisco said.

We finished our food and beverages before we walked out to the park. "Y'know if you weren't engaged to Ronnie I'd totally ship you with Cisco," I said out loud. "Ew," they both said laughing. I just shrugged and Barry wrapped an arm aroud my waist. We sat under the trees in the grass well more like they sat in the grass and I sat on Barry's lap. "She makes really good alcoholic beverages," Barry said out of no where. "What," Cisco asked. "Are you still on that," I asked. "No one I've known except for actual bar tenders have made an alcoholic beverage with 15% alcohol that tasted like 6% alcoholic beverages," Barry said. "How did you know it was 15%," I asked. "Because I know my body the warmth was a 15% warmth I know because senior year in high school... 'nuff said," he stated. "Shhhh noo you're my nerdy little Barry I don't wanna hear this ish about high school. Dark times for everyone," I said. "True," Cisco said. "Where you here when he told us about how he tried a cigerette once," Caitlin asked. "Barry," I said raising my voice in disbeliefe and slapped him laughing a bit. "That's how I had gotten the asthma," I said. "Speaking of which where's your inhaler," he asked. "Uuuhhh heh it broke... but I haven't actually really needed it since the night of the explosion," I admitted. "You don't have asthma at least not anymore," Caitlin said with a shrug.

We had spent Sunday just hanging out as well I rolled out of bed Monday in my apartment and Barry had crashed at Joe's helping Iris with something for her dad. I pulled on a romper that was apricot at the top and ombred to a light-ish purple. I had my black lace tights underneath and took my combat boots out folding the tops down. I curled my hair did my usual make up put in my contacts for the first time in a while. I then pulled on my bag and walked to work grabbing the lemonade slushie on my way down. It was a warmer morning, but not warm enough for me to shave that's for damn sure.

I walked into work and it was quieter than usual. I just clocked in and sat at my desk filing the cases. I found this work was three parts filing one part science. I guess that's what happens when you're an assistant. I kicked my feet up taking the key board on my lap. I heard rushing in and a thud. I looked up mid-type and saw Barry trying to pick up some huge tubes. I looked to see the door closed and blinds down and made it all easier to carry and work with him. He set them down and sighed catching his breath a bit. "Morning Bar," I chuckled. "Morning," he started and stopped tilting his head a bit when he saw me and smiled a bit, "You put contacts in?" "Yeah," I said chuckling. He smiled and went to working. "Are you alright," I asked when I used my powers to stop the tubes from falling. "Yeah I'm fine. I'm good," he said quickly. My eyes narrowed a bit and I asked, "Ok Mr. Allen what's going on." "Nothing," he blurted and rubbed the back of his neck asking, "W-why what makes you ask?" "Uh you're fumbling more than usual and hella nervous," I said. Why aren't you a detective," He asked. "Well you see forensic science is much more fun. Now, stop avoiding my question," I said chuckling. "I'm just a bit anxious oh pizza at Joe's tonight," Barry said. "I guess I'll be there," I said chuckling.