Chapter 28

COMMENT/VOTE/FOLLOW (Twitter: @Dennise_G)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 28

Harry's POV

I know Lily too well to know that she was going to call Nick no matter what I told her. After I left the room, I stomped down the stairs so she would assume that I'd be downstairs, but I tiptoed up the stairs as quiet as I could. I leaned my ear next to the wooden door hoping to hear a conversation on the other side but I only heard absolute silence.

After a few moments of awkwardly standing by the door trying to eavesdrop, I assumed that Lily had gone to sleep like she said she would. I was going to leave but then the sound of Lily's voice caught my attention. I held my breath, afraid that she would hear me.

"Why are you here?" I head her ask Nick. It was obviously Nick, who else would she be talking to? She was clearly trying to control the anger in her voice. I heard the entire conversation, but it didn't really make sense since I could only hear one side of the conversation, but I knew that Nick would be making a stupid remark every now and then like he always does.

After a few minutes later, Lily said, "You've told me countless times that you don't like kids so why are you doing this?" She asked the same question that has been on my mind ever since I saw him at the nightclub. Lily and I patiently waited for an answer. I heard some mumbling form the phone but I couldn't make out what he had said. After that, the entire room fell into a deep silence. What had he said? Curiosity filled my thoughts. The conversation had ended just like that. Did he hang up on her or did she hang up on him?

I heard some shuffling behind the door and I thought she was going to leave the room and I was ready to make a run for it, hoping I wouldn't be seen, but nothing happened. I eventually stopped eavesdropping and let Lily have some much deserved rest.

What did he say to Lily? I can't just ask her, then she'll know that I was eavesdropping, but I couldn't help but be curious.

~*~

I didn't really talk to Lily until the next day; she had slept for the rest of the afternoon and didn't even get up for dinner. But the next day when we were gathering all of our stuff, making sure we didn't forget anything, she wasn't acting like normal, she seemed to be lost in her own thoughts. This brought me back to the question from the day before. What had Nick said to her that made her think about it so much?

She was gathering her jewellery from one of the drawers in the nightstand of our room, but I knew she was distant.

I walked up to her. "Lily?" She slightly jumped. I thought I had made my presence pretty clear when I stomped into the room but didn’t seem to notice me.

She turned to me with an unsatisfied expression. "You scared me." She punched me on my right arm lightly as punishment.

"Sorry. I was just wondering why you're acting so distant," I said as I leaned on the wall next to her as she continued to gather her things.

She narrowed her eyes in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that there's something that's been bothering you lately," I said in a flat tone.

She avoided my gaze as she shook her head, "No. I'm fine. I'm just a bit worried about meeting your family, that's all," she shrugged.

I didn't really think about that. But I guess that's why she's been acting like this. "You don't need to worry about them. If you got through my mum, then you can go through anybody."

"But what if your sister doesn't like me?"

I giggled, "Gemma loves little kids and she'll be happy to be an aunt. I don't know why you keep thinking everybody hates you."