Chapter 1

(A/N) This is my first fanfic :$ please no hate :) HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!! :D THIS IS COPYRIGHTED BTW

MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR EACH CHAPTER :)

COMMENT/VOTE/FOLLOW (twitter: @Dennise_G)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 1

Lily's POV

"POSITIVE"

One word, that's all it took to turn my life upside down. I froze, my heart pounding against my chest harder than ever before. I kept reading the word over and over, as if it would change. I sat in the waiting room and both my legs and hands were shaking uncontrollably. My vision became blurry with the tears threatening to fall; my hand flew from my lap to cover my mouth while shaking. While the other hand held the piece of paper that changed my life. I couldn't control the tears anymore, as they started to run down my cheeks. I have always been an ugly crier, which caused my face to be buried in my hands while my elbows resting on my knees, as a weep escaped my lips without notice.

"Miss, are you okay?" The nurse asked with worry in her voice. Do I sound Ok?! I wanted to shout, but instead I just cried even harder.

Millions of emotions filled up inside me; it was difficult to recognize each one of them. I'm pregnant. I'm 17 and I'm pregnant. I feel like a total slut and a whore. I always said that I wanted to get married and have kids at the age of 25. But I'm not ready. I don't even have a job or a place to call home.

What would Nick think of me? Knowing him, he's not the most responsible guy I know. Would he stay or leave me? You never really know with Nick, he's unpredictable. I don’t really have to worry about school, I still haven’t started collage because I can’t afford it, but I still wanted to save money and become a lawyer some day. All those dreams just went down the drain today.

I'm sure that my best friend Claire would still stay by my side. She's one of the few people I can trust. Lucky me, I didn't have to worry about my parents. My mother couldn't care less if I died. And my father passed away while working in a military.

I sobbed for about 10 minutes. When I was finally able to move, I slowly made my way to the automatic doors. It was raining so I put my hoodie over my head and buried my hands in my sleeve after shoving the piece of paper in my back pocket. Many heads turned to look at me, but I couldn't care less. In the bus, I tried to keep my head away from negative thoughts, as I leaned my head on the window. Thankfully, nobody sat beside me. I didn't want anybody asking me why I looked like a mess.

To be honest, I didn't really have a home. I can't stand my mother, but Claire was nice enough to let me live with her and her boyfriend, Chris. I always felt like the third wheel, so I would sometimes go to Nick's place.

As I approached the door, I was hoping Claire would still be at work. Chris and Claire worked together, that's how they met. She kept insisting that she should come with me to the hospital. She had noticed my vomiting sessions every morning. So she got me an appointment. I had told her that I would be fine on my own.

As I closed the door behind me, there was a sigh of relief that she wasn't here yet. I didn't want to talk about it. Not yet anyways. I put the keys on the key hanger, put my soaking wet shoes in the closet, and went to the guest room. I changed out of my wet clothes and slipped into my Hello Kitty pajamas, and crashed on the bed, and let all the tears pour out. I hugged my big stuffed dog that I cuddle with every night, well except when I have Nick.

I knew that I would have to tell Nick about our child, just not today. The longer I wait, the harder it will be. First I have to organize my thoughts and feeling. So I would go to his place tomorrow at noon.

A yawn escaped my lips, and I realized how tired I was. I hadn't slept in days due to worry. My eye circles were darker than ever. My eyes closed but my mind stayed awake. It was hard to believe that there was a human being inside my stomach. A small thing can bring so much joy, but that's not my case. It brought worry and many other problems. I don't even like children, they're annoying and all they ever do is cry.

I started to think about abortion, but I don't think that's fair. No matter how annoying or troublemaking a child may be, killing it would be egoistic, and I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt. So it wasn't really an option. My future all depends if Nick stays or not.

I didn't want to think about it anymore, so I put my headphones on to distract my thoughts, and as a slow song came on. I drifted into a deep sleep that I was in the need of.

~*~

"Lily, Lily." A familiar voice whispered whilst lightly shaking my shoulder.

"What?" I mumbled against my pillow.

"So, how did it go?" Claire sounded worried.

"What time is it?" I asked turning my body away from my stuffed dog as I sat up to look at her and ignoring her question.

"It's about 4:30."

I had slept for nearly 3 hours. Just then I remembered all that happened before my nap. And my eyes filled with tears, as my hands covered my face.

Without informing her of what happened, she sat beside me and wrapped her arms tightly around me, already knowing what's going on. I also wrapped my arms around her. She always gave me the most heart warming hugs when I needed them.

"Don't worry love, I'll be here for you, and I'm positive that Nick will be there too," Claire whispered against my hair.

I pulled away from her and looked into here eyes. I hadn't realized that she was shedding tears as well. This is why I love her; she always knew what to say and how to react.

"But that's what I'm afraid of. That he won't stay. That he'll leave me and I'll have to raise a child on my own," I whispered through my sobs.

"Whatever happens, I'll be here for you," she smiled, which made me smile too. She always has that effect on me. Seeing her smile always made me good-humoured, because I know that her smile is not fake, it comes from her giant heart.

Claire had long black hair that reaches the bottom of her back; her hair also has natural beautiful, rich well-formed waves. Her eyes were a majestic green and very large, which made her other features appealing as well. Nothing compared to me, I had chocolate brown hair that was naturally wavy, but it only reached just above my elbow. My face was nothing special, my eyes were hazel and almond shaped, and my lips are thin and pink. My nose had nothing special, and neither was my pale skin.

Claire gave me a quick hug and stood up. "Now come on, let's go get something to eat, I'm starving!"

Just then I realized I haven't eaten all day.

I chuckled and wiped away my tears, "Aren't you always," and it's true. The girl eats more than an elephant, yet she gains no weight. It seriously scares me. Unlike her, I have a very small appetite.

"Touché," she laughed as she grabbed my hand and dragged me through the hallway, and into the kitchen.

"You know, tomorrow, I'm taking you baby clothes shopping," Claire mentioned. I chuckled slightly and started to help her make dinner. She always lifed up my sprit during my most disheartening moments.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(A/N) So what do you think? What do you think Nick will do? Sorry that One Direction hasn't appeared yet, but don't worry, they'll appear next chapter, promise :)

COMMENT/VOTE/FOLLOW