Chapter 17

Hope you like it

COMMENT/VOTE/TWEET (Dennise_G)

**************************************************************************************************************************

Lily's POV

"Could you come to the Police Department and talk to us?" The Police man asked. I was seriously beginning to get scared. I don't remember doing anything illegal.

"I can't. I'm on an airplane," I spoke slowly.

"Oh well in that case, I'll just tell you on the phone. It's about your father."

"My father's been dead for years," I was starting to think that he got the wrong Lily Winston.

"I know that, but I believe you were told that he died in the military. Am I correct?"

"Yeah."

"Well recently a man was diagnosed with cancer and doesn't have long to live, so he admitted to murdering your father," My heart stopped. It's been so long since he died, and I never knew that he was murdered. As far as I know my father didn't have any enemies. He was a very lovable and kind man. What did he do?

"Sorry are you there?" The police man spoke from the other end of the phone.

There was a huge lump in my throat, but I was somehow able to speak, "Who did it?" It was all that I wanted to know. Who did this to me and my dad?

"A man with the name of Bill Clark," My face fell and a tear rolled down my cheek as I held my forehead with my hand. This is too much to take in, first I find out that it was no accident that my father died, and then I find out that the assassin is Claire's dad,

"Do you know this man?"

"Yeah," I swallowed hard, "He was a family friend," My voice cracked mid-sentence.

"Do you know why he did it?" The police man asked another question. I wanted to hang up so bad but couldn't force my finger to press the button.

"No," I simply said.

"Well do-" I hung up because I didn't want to answer anymore questions.

I turned my phone off and closed my eyes trying to lock the tears inside. Bill and my dad used to be the best of friends, even before me and Claire were born, that's how we became friends, because our dads would always hang out. Bill was never the nicest person; he scared me sometimes because he was a very strict parent. I usually hung out at Claire's house when he wasn't around. He used to smoke, which I guess was the reason why he got cancer. To be honest, I don't even care if he dies in a day or two. But why would he kill my father? I'm going to talk to Claire, and ask her if she knows anything about it.

The rest of the ride was pure torture because I had no other choice than to listen to my own thoughts. If I turned on my phone to listen to music, then the police man might call again. So I just stared out the window as I tried to figure out what my dad did to get murdered.

Once the flight finally ended, I gathered my suitcases and left the airport. I was really tired and wanted to talk to Claire. I had really missed London; I'm not used to travelling too much so it feels nice to be back home.

I took a cab towards Starbucks and got me and Claire a coffee, after that I went straight to the apartment.

When I knocked on the door, it opened within a second, and two familiar arms wrapped around my neck.

"I missed you so much!" She said as she still wouldn't let go of me. I really missed her too; I wrapped my arms around her and we just stood in the door way hugging each other. She eventually let go of me and dragged me inside.