Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Harry turned away from Louis and walked towards my direction.

"Come on. We're going for a walk," Harry told me with a sweet smile as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"What about Angie?" I looked up at him.

"She's fine, she's with Louis and look, Eleanor's there as well," he pointed to where Eleanor, Angie, and Louis were, next to the swings. I had a feeling that Louis and Harry had planned this. "Let's go." Harry ordered.

I stood on my feet and followed Harry. I caught up to him and we walked side by side. We walked deeper into the park and we found ourselves walking along a little dirt trail.

"Where are we going?" I asked, glaring down at my feet as I took each step.

He shrugged. "Nowhere. This is a nice plaza, and I thought you'd like to take a look around."

"Right," I mumbled.

"Look there's an ice-cream shop. You want some?" He looked towards me and our eyes met for a mere second.

"Sure," I agreed with shrug.

Soon we were both in line. Once we were at the front of the line, Harry didn't even ask me what flavour I wanted. "I'd like a chocolate chip cookie dough ice-cream and a chocolate fudge please." Of course he knew that chocolate chip cookie dough was my favourite other than vanilla, but he always told me that vanilla was too boring which I guess was why he got me the other flavour, but I'm not complaining, either one was good enough.

Once we got our ice-creams, we continued our walk along the trail with countless trees surrounding us. 

"So what were you and Louis talking about?" Harry asked out of curiosity.

"Oh nothing. Just normal stuff," I shrugged.

"Normal stuff?"

"Yeah, you know the weather and things like that."

"You were talking about me weren't you?" He asked with a smirk.

"The world doesn't revolve around you, Harry," I said with a chuckle.

"So you were talking about me?"

"Why do you want to know so badly? We weren't talking about you," I lied. "We just caught up. We haven't talked in a while," I explained.

"Oh I see. It seemed to be a very serious conversation," he pointed out.

"It was just a normal conversation, Harry. Stop being so nosey," I tease.

"I'm not nosey, just curious."

"Whatever floats you boat," I chuckled. He gave me an offended look but was soon replaced with a heart warming smile.

We walked along the trail for another bit in plain silence. The weather was a bit hot but there was a cool breeze, making my hair go in all directions. Now I wish I had put my hair up.

The leaves from the trees swayed back and forth with the breeze. They made a whooshing sound that soothed me. 

"So," Harry started. "How's your mother?"

I looked at him for a bit. "My mother? She's fine. She'll be home from the hospital in a few days." I smiled at the thought of finally having my mother back with me.

"How long has she been gone?"

"For about three months."

He looked down at me for a bit. "You miss her?"