Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Lily's POV

"Another surgery?" I asked in disbelief. I quickly glanced at the stroller in the corner of the room with the small figure that was still sound asleep. I sat on a chair in front of a desk in an office as I stared with narrowed eyes towards the doctor.

"Yeah. The tumor has spread to the hypothalamus part of the brain, which controls the body temperature, mood, hunger and thirst. That's why she always feels down and why she's having troubles eating. We have to remove it soon. Bacause it might reach the medulla oblongata, and that might be deadly." The doctor explained.

I bit my lips nervously. "When is the surgery going to be?" I asked, my voice cracking in mid-sentence.

"If you sign the surgery papers, I can schedule the surgery to be next Tuesday." Dr. Robertson slid the papers over to me along with the pen. Without hesitation, I scribbled my name into the printed paper and handed it back to the doctor.

~*~

*two days later*

I walked into the kitchen of the restaurant, and dumped the dirty dishes into the sink that would be cleaned by another worker. I was working here as a waitress, and I'm not going to complain about this job, because I will do anything to feed my daughter, my mother, and myself and I will do it with all the love in the world, so I am nobody to complain about this job.

Tonight, I was working the evening shift, meaning that my shift would be over at ten. I hated working this late because that meant that I couldn't tuck Angie into bed and give her a goodnight kiss, or rock her to sleep. Her babysitter would do that for me tonight.

I quickly washed my hands, since I had accidently gotten barbeque sauce onto my fingers when picking up the dirty dishes, gross. As I was drying my hands, Tracy, one of the younger waitresses ran up to me with a skip on her step, and her blonde pony tail bouncing along.

"LILY!" I jumped at the sound of her squeaky voice. I turned to her and saw the biggest smile I had ever seen on a seventeen year old blonde. She was thin and had sweet features. She worked here part time just like me but she saved her money for college, I saved my money to feed my daughter.

"What?" I asked with a chuckle, throwing the paper towel away and grabbing my note pad and pen and take an order from the next customer.

"There's─ He's─ Harry Styles is here!" She managed to say, she screamed the last part in my ear and I swear I will have to go to the doctor and get my ears checked. I flinched at her loud voice before I was able to process what she just said. And once I did, my eyes shot open.

Harry was here? Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe he doesn't know I work here. He's probably with another girl on a date or something, besides, it's Friday night.

"What?" was all I could say. Maybe I had heard her wrong.

"The Harry Styles is here. He's in your section! Don't keep him waiting! Go take his order now!" She instructed enthusiastically.

She pushed me out of the kitchen and into the restaurant and just like she had said, Harry was seated in my section, reading over the menu. But to my luck there was nobody with him, he was alone. I soon started to hyperventilate and went into panic mode. "Tracy!" I turned to her, and she had a confused expression on her face. "I can't! No, please can you take his order?"

"Why? He's a celebrity, you have to! You'll never get a chance to meet him ever again!" She clearly didn't understand our situation, but there was no need to inform her about everything that happened anyways.