Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Harry's POV

 I am such an idiot. Only I would have the genius idea of going shopping alone without a body guard. I was in Urban Outfitters, hunting for some new jeans, since I had managed to spill my coffee on myself right after I left the house. Louis said that he wasn't in the shopping mood, so he stayed at home watching some films with Zayn and Eleanor. Niall went golfing with Ed, and Liam was in Mexico with Danielle for a week.

A few fans came over to take some pictures and have a chat. I don't mind that at all. Especially when they say things like "OMG HARRY YOU'RE SO HOT!" It always brought colour to my cheeks. I was doing fine until a girl scream "HEY EVERYONE HARRY STYLES IS HERE!" I'm not sure how many girls heard that. But now I'm running for my life down the street, with two Jack Wills bags, and about 200 girls running close behind.

I have absolutely no idea where I'm going, even though I live here in London, I still don't know my way around, since I get driven everywhere.

I was starting to grow weary, and I've only ran for 2 two blocks. Note to self: Go jogging more often.

I turned a random corner and entered a random building. It appeared to be an apartment building. I stepped inside and took a 5 second break, as I was huffing and puffing. My arm pits felt moist, and my forehead was slightly wet due to the sweat. I saw the fans again, getting closer by the second and started jog again, my curls lightly tickling my forehead and ears.

Luck was on my side today, as the elevator opened at the right second as I stepped inside. After the doors closed, a sight of relief ran though my lips. I was safe from the fans, for now. I honestly love our fans, they're very dedicated and... special, but sometimes they can be a little impudent of our privacy.

I'll just give Paul a call and tell him to come pick me up through the back. I started to pat my pockets, expecting a rectangular form to be inside, but my phone was nowhere to be found. It must have fallen out of my pocket when I was running. I whispered some curses under my breath. I'm in trouble. I guess that luck is not on my side after all.

I suddenly came into realizations that I hadn't pressed a button yet, so the elevator was motionless. All floors required a key, except for the top floor, floor 52. Well I guess I had no other choice than to press it, unless I wanted to be mobbed by fans. The elevator door opened on floor 25 and a young red-head girl stepped inside, she looked about my age, or maybe a little older. Her eyes were light blue, and were outlined with dark make-up, and her lips were full, and red, matching her hair. She was good looking, but not my type.

She had a large smirk on her face. The red-head girl stood on my left for a second then stretched her arm in front of me towards the buttons and pressed one, indicating that she wanted to go to the first floor.

She took a quick look at me, but within a second, she was able to look at me from head to toe making me feel uncomfortable while I awkwardly looked ahead. I could see her face lighten up from the corner of my eye.

"Hey! You're that guy from that band. Uhhhh... What's your name again?" Her eyes narrowed a bit, trying to remember my name.

"Harry Styles," I turned to her and gave her my million dollar smile. Harry, you are one charming boy, "And you are?"

She giggled, "Veronica Barker."

"Well nice to meet you Veronica."

She gave me a fake smile and took out her phone from her back pocket and started typing away. I felt, in a way, offended. She was ignoring me. Oh well, she had her chance.

When the elevator came to a stop, Veronica hadn't even bothered to look up. I discovered that it wasn't really a floor with apartments, but the very top of the building. As I stepped out of the elevator, I saw the spectacular view of the city on my left. I couldn't help but wonder what it looked like at night. I turned my head to the right and saw a girl standing on the edge of the building, with her back facing me. I knew what she was about to do. I froze. What do I do? What do I say? I can't just leave her here and let her make the worst mistake of her life. I had no idea how to react.