Chapter 31

COMMENT/VOTE/FOLLOW

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 31

Harry's POV

"I'll be there in 20 minutes," I spoke into the phone, not positively sure of what exactly I was doing.

I hung up and put my phone away. I looked up to meet Lily's hazel eyes that were clearly confused.

She gave me a questioning look and I simply answered her question before she even asked it, "It was Louis," I started. "He's sounded really sick and he wanted me to take him to the doctor," I explained. I couldn't think of anything else. I bit my lip at the thought of saying lie after lie after lie.

Her expression turned even more confused and slightly worried, "Why? Is he okay?" She asked worriedly as she looked into my irises.

"He sounded like it, we should go," I asked as I was about to stand up but sat back down once she spoke.

"But the food isn't even here yet. Is it that urgent?" She asked with a questioning glare. She was starting to see right through me.

"Yeah, let's go." I nodded towards the exit. She gave me one last questioning glare before she stood up, obviously not agreeing with my decision.

She went around the table onto my side. I placed some extra bills on the table for the waiter's troubles. I wrapped my hand protectively around her waist as we left the restaurant.

I can't believe Veronica is making me do this. I can't just drop everything and do everything she wants me to do, but the sad thing is that that's exactly what I'm doing.

Once we were both inside my Range Rover with our seatbelts on, I roared the engine to life and left the restaurant parking lot.

Once we were on the road, Lily turned her head towards me, "So we're going to Louis' place?" she asked.

I shook my head. "No I'm dropping you off and ILL take Louis to the doctor," I informed her in a serious tone without taking my eyes off of the road.

"Why?" She asked with a pout.

"Because... It's getting late and we might be there for a while. Louis sounded really sick," I informed.

Lily rolled her eyes as if she already saw that coming. She sank back on her seat and crossed her arms in disapproval like a five  year old; yet she said absolutely nothing. She probably knew that there's no point of arguing with me.

We drive the rest of the way to our house in complete silence. Not even the radio was on since none of us had bothered to turn it on.

I soon parked the car in front of our house and she was about to get out of the car but I stopped her.

"Hey!" I called to get her attention. She turned her head towards me and I could tell that she wasn't mad, just annoyed at the fact that she always has to stay home. "I'll be back in a bit okay? I won't be gone for the whole day." I gave her a sincere smile before gently placing my lips in her forehead. She nodded with a simple smile before slipping out of the car and into the house without another word to be said.

I sighed and took my phone out and dialed Louis's number.

"What's up Harold?" Louis spoke from the other end of the phone. He seemed to be chewing on something crunchy but I didn't bother to ask. They were probably crisps.

"If Lily calls you tell her that you're with me at the doctors and that you're terribly sick," I instructed quickly.

"W-What? What are you talking about? Are you drunk?" Louis sounded concerned.