Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Lily's POV

I got in the car as Niall started it. The fans screeched and shouted something I couldn't hear. I honestly don't know why Niall wanted to take me home. And I honestly preferred to go home with Harry, since I know him more than Niall. But I couldn't say no; due to his adorable Irish accent and puppy dog face. I guess it would be alright if he drove me home, as long as he doesn't make it awkward that is. We exited the studio parking lot and headed towards my house. We were in complete silence except for the radio. One of their songs was blasting through the high-fidelity stereo.

"Isn't it strange listening to yourself on the radio?" I wondered in curiosity, trying not to make it awkward. I've always despised the way my voice sounds on tape. I wouldn't stand it if it was on the radio. Niall peeked over at me with an amused expression plastered on his face, and then looked back at the road.

"Extremely, but you get used to it."

"I honestly don't think I ever would," I admitted as Niall giggled.

"So how did you and Harry meet?" Niall asked me unanticipatedly. I tried to think at an accelerated pace and come up with an excuse. But the truth is that I'm not the best liar.

"It was simply a coincidence," I uttered. It was the first thing that popped up into my mind. But it was true. It was a coincidence that Harry happened to be on the top floor when I was there. And thank god he was, or else who knows where I would be. Well I do know maybe hospitalized, but most likely dead.

"Ok," he simply replied, letting it go. I know that he probably didn't know what I was talking about, I knew by the confused facial expression he had. I wanted to tell him, but since I don't really know this guy. I can't trust him. I’ve learned over the years that you can’t trust strangers. I don’t know what he’s really like; therefore I won't be able to predict his reaction. He could be chill about it, or he might completely go haywire, or he may even think I need some mental help.

"You know Harry wouldn't shut up about you last night," Niall informed me. My eyes went agape. I hope that Harry didn't tell them about my... incident. They would think I was on drugs or something, or that I was a freak.

"Really? What did he say about me?" I tried to sound calm.

"Yeah, he just said that he met you just yesterday and that you will probably be working with us," he said, his Irish accent sounding stronger than ever.

I mentally smiled. I'm glad that Harry didn't tell them. Maybe Harry is a person to trust. I still think it's cute that he was talking about me. But the important thing is that Harry didn't say anything about yesterday.

"I'm glad that you're working with us, our last acoustic guitar player was an honest pain in the ass," Niall admitted. I can already imagine how their last acoustic guitar player was. His bright blue eyes were a bit darker than they were when we were at the studio.

"Well I hope that I'm not as bad as him," I joked. I'm not the one to start fights, if something bad happens. I would usually let it go, or just forget about it. But the situation between me and Nick is not one of those. I won't let that go.

"I hope so too," we both giggled, until I thought of something.

"Wait, how do you know where I live?" My eyebrows narrowed a bit. I don't remember giving him my address.

"Harry gave me your address while you were saying your goodbyes," Niall explained without looking at me.

"Oh." I turned from Niall to the girl crossing the street. She was walking with a little girl. About two years old. The older girl looked about 18, her tank top smaller than it should be. You could definitely tell that the little girl was hers. That will be me in a few months. I sighed, I can't wait until I get dirty looks from people.