Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Lily's POV

Talking to Niall was quite a relief. We talked a bit over the phone, but decided it would be better to do it in person. So that very afternoon, we met up at a small coffee shop close to my apartment building.

When I first told him about Harry and Veronica, he seemed so hurt and disappointed. I know its hard getting betrayed by two people you dearly love.

"I swear I'm going to murder Harry," he mentioned through gritted teeth. He grasped his coffee harder that he should.

I gave a humourless laugh. "There's no need for that. Just let him live in his own misery." I wrapped both my hands around the warm cup, warming up my fingertips. I inhaled the warm liquid, easing the shivering feeling inside of me.

He ran his hands over his face in frustration. "I still can't believe that though," he said mostly to himself. He was still in disbelief. "He was one of my best mates." His eyes were starting to water and he looked down at his coffee as he tried to hide them.

I know how frustrating it is. I would have cried right there and then. But all I have done for the past week is cry, and I'm tired of it. Crying doesn't get you anywhere. It just shows others how broken and weak you are. But it also shows how sensible one is. And I know for a fact that Niall is very sensible and it broke my heart to break the news to him. He was always in his happy-go-lucky mood and I can't see that smile anymore. But somebody had to tell him. Obviously neither Harry nor Veronica were planning on telling him anytime soon.

After Niall recovered for a bit, I decided that we should talk about other things that didn't require Harry or Veronica. He started to tell me about the tour that was just starting tomorrow, even thought he's going to try and act like nothings wrong. We talked about nothing and everything. For a moment, I had forgotten about Harry.

Niall was a good friend, and it actually made me sad that he had to go on tour for who knows how long. But it's also good because that means that Harry will be long gone. I guess things are back to where they started; me being a heartbroken, lonesome girl, and Harry being a heartthrob to millions of girls around the world, and partying every night.

He looked thoughtful for a moment, examining my features. "Do you miss him?" Niall asked, obviously being careful with what comes out of his mouth.

I shifted uncomfortably and looked down at my coffee, not really sure how to respond. "Uhh... Kind of... yes," I admitted. There's no point of hiding it. "But I'm working on it. I'll move on, I promise," I reassured. I'm going to keep that promise. I gave Niall a reassuring and determined smile.

For half a second, Niall flashed me an 'I don't believe you" look but was soon replaced with an 'I hope so' smile.

It was starting to get dark and I figured that I should go home.

"I guess we should go now. It's getting late." I stood up and slipped into my coat.

"You're right," Niall said with a satisfied expression. He grabbed his coat and I was about to say goodbye, but he evolved me in a small, short hug.

"If you ever need anything and I mean anything. You just ask, okay? Whether its advise or money. Just ask okay?" Niall smiled weakly and he seemed dead serious. He wasn't just saying that to seem nice. He said it because he meant it.

"Thanks Niall. I'll call you if I need anything. Good luck on the tour!" I wished honestly. I gave him another small hug before we said our goodbyes and went or separate ways.

Talking to somebody who understood my pain definitely made me feel better. It somehow made me feel like I have somebody else I could trust with no strings attached.