Down The Rabbit Hole

Alice and I stood on the back porch. She had nothing on, except a towel. I remained in my T-Shirt and shorts. It felt like it was freezing, but Alice didn't seem to think so. I glance over at her, she has a huge grin on her face. She lets her towel drop and I look away. I have no clue why, I just feel bad to look.

"C'mon Ed!" She laughs and I tell her to be a little quieter. I get undressed and walk over to the pool, a little self conscious. Alice rolls her, then put her hand over her eyes.

"I'm not looking." She says. "Even though I have seen you naked a ton of times."

I get in, the icy water surrounding me. I jump a bit, trying not to touch the water. Alice giggles and shiver. She goes under the water and pops up right next to me. Her hair is straight and draped down her back.

"Hi there." She says and giggles, pressing her lips against mine, which her mouth tastes like mint.

We waded in the water, just taking in the night. The stars looked amazing and I just liked to stare up at them.

Alice and I made a whirl pool, and let it drag us around and around. I enjoyed being out here. The darkness surrounding us, the warmth of the water finally making me feel safe.

The living room light flickered on and we stopped moving. Alice giggled and I just gave her a cheeky smile, even though I was dying inside. We saw a shadow go by and I couldn't breath. We both ducked our heads lower so no one could see us. Yet, they would probably notice our clothes, well mine.

The glass door opened and Alice giggled. I put my hand over her mouth to try and silence her.

"Alice, what are you doing out here?" We hear her mum's voice. Alice curses under her breath, knowing we've been caught. I stay down though, as Alice comes to the surface.

"Hello mum." She says with a giggle.

"Why are out swimming so late?" She asks, her voice still tired.

"Just wanted to swim,"

"Are you alone?"

"Yes," She says and I pinch her thigh, making her jump. "all alone."

"Okay, get out of that water before you catch ammonia." Her mum says, leaving us alone. The light turns off and we turn our thoughts to maybe her mother was just sleep walking.

Alice playfully slaps me and I laugh. She gets on her knees and faces me.

"We were almost caught..." She says.

I laugh. I jump onto the raft and lay down. The water covering me up, the wind chilling me. Alice kneels by me and her fingertips dance over my arm. I smile. I've never met someone that ever made me feel quite this way.

Alice pushes her lips against mine and I deepen the kiss. Alice drapes one leg over me, yet the rest of her body rest in the water. I sort of chuckle. She jumps onto the raft now, each of her feet dangling over the side. I was just shocked we didn't fall into the water.

Alice's eyes sparkle in the night, and my hands rest on her hips. She broke the kiss to soon, just chilling on the raft. It was slowly sinking into the water.

"One," Alice says.

"What?" I ask.

"Two,"

"Alice, what are you doing?"

"Three!" She screams and we tip, Alice pulls us under. We end up below the surface, on our knees. Alice shoves her cold lips against mine, under the water. Above the surface, Alice and I stood breathless.