Chapter 9

Parkers Point Of View

Bree. Thats the four letter word that can make me crack a smile anytime of the day. She was perfect. Beautiful, smart, athletic, can stand up for herself, and isn't your average stuck up preppy bitch. Plus she could care less about what people think of her.

A person's hand touched my thigh lightly bringing me back to mysences. It was Bree's hand. "Parker, your going to break your face from smiling so big." 

"I didn't even relize I was smiling." I relied, a slight pink colour filled my cheeks.

Bree smiled at me, "Awe! You blush!" She said touching my face lightly with her index finger. I pulled my face away from her finger a bit, I didn't need my heart rate to increase anymore!

"You don't need to publish it to the world." I replied, a small smile on my face. She scooted closer to me and rester her hair on my shoulder, I wrapped my arm around her waist.

"But I want to tell the world how I can make the boy a lo- like, blush." She whispered. I smiled. Then my heart skipped a beat as I thought over what she had just said. Had she really almost let the 'L' bomb go? I deiced i would let it slide, it was probably an accident.

"Oh god, kill me now!" Hayden groaned as he sat down at the table me and Bree were at.

"Awe, come on dude, be cool." I smiled. 

Bree kissed my cheek, which only made me blush more, "Yeah, be cool." Hayden just made gagging sounds. I rolled my eyes and pulled Bree even closer to me.

"Where's Rage? I haven't seen him since last class." Bree asked randomly. Hayden just shrugged his shoulders.

"He said something about not feeling good." I told her, rolling my eyes at Hayden.

"Oh okay."She replied taking a sip of the water she had bought for lunch.

"Why do you never eat?" I blurted out. She quickly straightened up from leaning against me, and looked me straight in the eye.

"Because." She whispered. I saw the tears in here eyes. Just as they were about to fall she made a run for the door and bolted out of the cafeteria.

"Bree wait!" I yelled after her. She just kept running. I just stayed at the table for a moment, stunned.

"Dude, go after her!" Hayden practically yelled at me.

I just looked at him blanky for a second, "Uh right, good idea." With that said I sprinted towards the door. But the thing was, I didn't know which way she went. I saw a group of guys standing in the hallway, so I ran up to them.

"Did you see where Bree ran too?" I asked them all.

"Uh yah, I think she ran towards the Science building." One of the guys said. "Thanks!" I yelled over my shouler as I sprinted in the direction they said. The science building was where the court yard was.

As I came up to the tree I could hear faint crying. I looked to make sure no one was watching and slipped between the branches.

I slowly walked up to Bree, she was leaning against the tree with her knees pulled up to her chest. I sat beside her and pulled her onto my lap, wraping my arms around her.

"It's okay Breanne, I'm here." I whispered in her ear. She conitinued to cry into her knees with me holding her for an hour. I just whispered sweet things into her ear, and kissed the top of her head lightly. It seemed to calm her down.

"Thank-you." She whispered.

"No problem, now let's go up to the room. We don't need to go to last class." I whispered picking her up bridal styles. She didn't reply, just nodded her head.

I walked up the room, Bree in my arms. When we got there, she opened the door since my arms were full.

I sat down on the couch with Bree sitting on me still. She snuggled into me and I put my arms around her waist. She took a deep breath and then spoke in a soft, hurt, voice, "I'm sorry about lunch Parker, it's just-" 

"Don't be sorry, theres nothing to be sorry about." I whispered cutting her off. 

She sighed quietly, "Well I guess you want to know the story right?"

"You can tell me when your ready, I'm not going to make you tell me." I told her softly, I will never forve her to do anything.

She took another deep breath and then snuggled closer to me before speaking.

"When I was little my mom died, I might have been 5 or so. Before she died though she had a boyfriend. He was a total dick though." Her voice was strained, and you could practically hear the tears in her voice. I gave her an encouraging squeez to let her know that it will be okay.

"He used to always beat me. I'd have cuts, and bruises, and broken bones all the time." I gasped a little. That was really terrible. She continued, "Fuckin' ass hole would never let me eat. And if I did eat he made me puke it up and then beat me again." This time the tears actually fell. I took one one of my hands and wiped the tears away.

"That's terrible Bree! Why didn't you tell anyone?" I whispered, i was rocking us slowly back and forth.

"He-He-He said he'd kill my little brother if I told anyone what he was doing to me." All the tears she was holding back spilled out. I just held her tighter. 

"So what happened to your little brother?" I asked after her tears had stopped. She took an eneven breath, "He ran away when he was 10. I was 12 at the time. We were so close!" She cried out, the tears came again.

"Shh, come on Bree, it's going to be okay." I whispered into her ear. Her sobbing got quieter, and then the tears stopped altogether.

"That's my tough girl." I said with a slight smile on my face. I hated to see her cry, it made me want to cry. Again she took a deep breath, this time to calm herself.

"I killed him Parker, I killed my dead mother's boyfriend." She said after a moments silence. I was a little taken aback. 

"I'm not going to hold that agaist you." I said softly. I didn't relize it until now, but her whole body had been tense, but now her muscles were relaxed.

"Thank-you Parker. That's why I am who I am. After I killed him I had to fend for myself. I got Blake and Carmen, my old best friends, to teach me to fight. I did everything I could to make sure no one could ever push me around like that fucking ass hole did." She explained. There were no tears in her eyes. But there was no emotion in her voice either.

"You are definatley the strongest person I have ever met. Mentally and Physically." My voice was light, but my grip was still pretty tight on her.

"Thank-you Parker, Thank-you so much for everything." She turned around in my arms and wrapped her arms around my neck, and kissed me. 

"You are very welcome." I smiled at her.

Maybe this palce isn't as bad as everyone said it would be.